Bare 109 block

If a cardboard box is used, make sure it is padded and lots of protective packing is used in a in a very sturdy box or double box.

A block was shipped to me in the past in a cardboard box with almost no packing, and the corner of the starter boss was broken off. That was a $300 weld repair job? :mad:

Both Fedex and UPS will handle items up to 150#'s with their normal delivery.

A bare 109 block weighs about 100#'s.

the block is shaped so that you can cut two squares of ply for the ends. Drill two holes for the cover pins on the front plate, and two larger holes on the rear plate for the trans dowels. Then run 2X4s up each corner.

It seems like the rules for the cheap freight price was it had to be a box not a wood pallet... so i slid that into a box ( I believe 13X13X22ish) I got from advance auto parts.

When it was all said and done I think the final weight was 126#s. It went from here to Nasty Wendy's house and back and I could use it again if I wanted to. I thought about digging it out and making a how-to guide for it.

But then I discovered Fastenal's 3rd party shipping and forgot all about it. They sent a 4 player Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle arcade game on a 4X4 pallet from GA to Bosten for $100 a few years ago.

A local member has come through with a block for me to send to nick so I can finally get my car running and enjoy it. Thanks everyone for the help...Stan

this is how Ironic. My engine is headed to Nick. I am also sending him another standard NICE 109 block as well. If my block doesnt pass the test, we will be using it, if not he will be using it for someone else. Just a little too late!

Heads up bare block weighs 125 lbs in a box packed it was 135 lbs. We get a great discount FedEx ground here at work. But except to pay $125 to ship pretty much anywhere else. Mine was $58.00 to ship from Michigan to AZ.
Keep in mind that the size of the box adds a lot to the shipping cost..so keep it as small as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20160313_073703506.jpg
    IMG_20160313_073703506.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14