been a long road but....

MENTL231

I've had some ups and downs. But i've been racing my car lately.

I'll skip to the good news.

I went to the track the other day. First run off the trailer was a 10.62 @ 129.18 1.6 60'

Second pass was a 10.53 @ 127.8. 1.5 60'
Third pass was a 10.77 @ 128. 1.7 60'

It is in fact the GnX horror car!

ps. the car now breaks the tires loose at 68-70mph plus on the highway.

I hope to make another video. But the car was considerably tame at the time of that video.

Still looking for a nice hard top car to put my drive train in with a cage.

Congrats, no matter how much it cost, I bet the first 10 second slip was priceless!

Steve and I were at NED and got a video of that first 10 second pass.:cool:
Good times for you Jay!

Update. Went to the track rental at LVD on the 8th.

I was able to pull off a new best for the car.

10.43 @ 130. 1.59 60ft. 23.5 psi. Leaving off the foot brake.

This thing is hammering. I'm predicting a 10.30 or so with a little more boost. Car is running great. Its so streetable, and still at factory weight. 3,660 lbs. I even had the spare tire and jack still in it. :eek: I am so happy with the car. There is something to be said for a car you can hop in, start up, heat the tires, leave it in drive, and pull off mid to low ten second passes.

I don't want to get all mushy here but there are a few people i'd like to thank. Its been a long road but I couldn't have done it without first, my father for getting me into cars, taking me to the track since i was little and his support over the years with all the cars i've had. A big thanks goes to my cousin Tod @ TM Performance, for all the time and machine work he did with and for me. Brian Hofer for the tranny that makes it all happen. My girlfriend for her support in my hobby. And a big thanks to Big (10.oh Joe Derry. for his technical support and his tuning which makes this car run as good as it does. And for his supply of parts and resources.

Man I love this sport. :D

Wow! That's great! Did you put a roll bar in it? They told Miguel to park it at NED yesterday after an 11.2 with him lifting with his son's car.

No cage as of now. I'm not sure i want to put a cage in this car. I'd like to find one that already has a cage in it. And just transplant the drive train. We will see. I think i'm gonna go to NED this sunday and see if i can pull off a new best.