Before and after dyno

2hp, with the dump closed. Open Exhaust Is huge

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Wonder how much more the E85 setup would have made if the boost was the same ?
Granted...the boost was not very steady, but both log files with the dump open saw 30.8psi and 30.9psi respectively....I'd say the boost really didn't change.
The 100 octane with the dump closed hovered around 27psi max....and the e85 with the dump closed hovered around 26psi....yet it made slightly more hp.

Last edited:
Granted...the boost was not very steady, but both log files with the dump open saw 30.8psi and 30.9psi respectively....I'd say the boost really didn't change.
The 100 octane with the dump closed hovered around 27psi max....and the e85 with the dump closed hovered around 26psi....yet it made slightly more hp.

Okey not sure I was comparing the Dyno pull 2 and Dyno Pull 3 .. which I assumed was both OPEN dump ( 100 octane on #2 and then E85 on pull 3)

Was comparing Peak RPM boost on run2 was 30 psi .. but on pull #3 was 25 psi at the same rpm

You guys gonna put more power to it ?

The pulls went like this:
#1 100 octane closed dump
#2 100 octane open dump
#3 E85 open dump
#4 E85 closed dump

...in that order. We didn't put the dump plate back on until the second E85 pull. (Not an electric cut out)

There were three E85 pulls but the first one the car started to get sideways on the dyno so we aborted the pull...that's why the files are labeled E852 and E853 respectively...(those were the two full runs)

Is the map sensor maxxed at 30.whatever boost?

Why wouldn't a 3-bar be able to read more than 30.x?
3-bar converts to about 45 psi I thought

The first 100 kPa (1 bar) is negative pressure. That leaves 2 bar or 29.01 psi. Sounds like the MAP sensor was maxed out. The data doesn't mean anything at that point. If you own a turbo charged car you should know this.

Why wouldn't a 3-bar be able to read more than 30.x?
3-bar converts to about 45 psi I thought

As mentioned, 1 bar is dedicated to vacuum. This does make the data a bit skewed since we don't really know if boost was the same. He was def running most of it though! :D

The first 100 kPa (1 bar) is negative pressure. That leaves 2 bar or 29.01 psi. Sounds like the MAP sensor was maxed out. The data doesn't mean anything at that point. If you own a turbo charged car you should know this.

I consider myself schooled now. We all gotta learn somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hate to hear about someone blowing a head gasket, or worse, because they don't know the basics. Sorry for my words, did mean to put anybody down.

I just hate to hear about someone blowing a head gasket, or worse, because they don't know the basics. Sorry for my words, did mean to put anybody down.

Unfortunately this is usually what it takes for people to learn .. until they see it with their own eyes ... they don't believe

Unfortunately this is usually what it takes for people to learn .. until they see it with their own eyes ... they don't believe

That's one reason it was better to be into these cars from the beginning. No one knew any better so it didn't matter as much if you were dumb then! You were expected to blow shit up with too much boost. Now with the internet, you're expected to just read and follow instructions...geeesh...where's the fun in that?;)