Bellhousing/Flywheel options for T56?

Scott Atk

Has anyone sourced an aftermarket bellhousing (steel or aluminum) or flywheel (prefer billet) for an LC2? Ready to get started on my new project :)

Going good Thanks! Picked up a car this past week. 68 Camaro, should be fun but it will probably take quite a while with the budget being the biggest obstacle. I know manual transmissions behind our engines come up from time to time and the guy usually gets beat down. I don't care, it's what I want. I've "been there done that" with the drag combo.

Hey now you have a reason to get a blow off valve...;)
Its your car, build it the way you want it, who cares what others may say. I think a manual trans would be fun !

Did you check the link above?

Bryan

Yeah. They seem to focus on Chevy stuff but I can shoot them a message and see what they say.

I've got a lakewood steel bell Scott. It's for the BOPC set up so it would work for ya if you're interested. It's missing the back plate but it wouldn't be hard to make one since it's flat after all.;)
DSCN0001.JPGDSCN0002.JPG

Hi Charlie, That will work with a T56? I'm doing a hydraulic clutch, that one looks like a pivot setup. I'm new to the manual stuff, trying to learn as I go.

It's got the standard GM tranny 4 bolt mount holes as well as the Ford patern so it should work I believe Scott. I've even got a billet flywheel for V6 and a cast iron one laying around here.:D

I need an neutral balance flywheel.
You just rebalance it Scott. Add or remove the weight to get the balance where you need it. Done it before with billet fly wheels and a good machinist shouldn't have any problem doing it. Since it's got a hole cut out for the balance you just fill it up and then zero balance it.;)

It's got the standard GM tranny 4 bolt mount holes as well as the Ford patern so it should work I believe Scott. I've even got a billet flywheel for V6 and a cast iron one laying around here.:D

the T56 won't bolt up to a regular bellhousing.. i think what i'd try would be to use the Chevy bellhousing and an adapter to bolt a Chevy trans to a BOP bellhousing flange and go from there..

there is one company that makes a modular bellhousing setup that allows you to hook pretty much any manual trans to any engine, or maybe someone makes a stock style BOP bellhousing for a T56- you'd think that there'd be somewhat of a market for putting one of those tranmissions behind a BOP engine...

Thanks for the reply Derrik. Did you see the link I put up from American Powertrain?

I know this thread is old but did you ever figure the bell housing out? Also will a t56 fit in the transmission tunnel or will you have to modify it? One more question how will the vss sensor work with the t56?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not cheap but it's mostly ready to go. This combo is not running yet so I don't have any feedback on the setup other than it's really cool. On the VSS the T56 Magnum has options for cable and electronic speedo so I'm sure Caspers can hook me up a converter for VSS but I'm not there yet. The bellhousing is a Quicktime (~$450) and the clutch/flywheel is a RAM dual disk setup (~ $1100)

If you want to follow along, I have a build thread going in the HYBRID section under the title "First Gen F-Body"