Best alarm system ?

greeneyegi

Can someone recomend a really good alarm that has remote door lock and ignition ,pager?that works good on their 87 TB? Cant enjoy driving to store in bay area without worrying about havin 2 call cab 4 ride home.:mad:

Trunk Monkey.........:biggrin::biggrin:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y[/YOUTUBE]

Something like the prestige by audiovox. That's what I have but I still wont leave it out in the open in fear of a tow truck.

One that calls your cell phone when someone is messin with your $..t. LoJack is another good option, You have a 90% chance of recovering your ride. And I now think they can diable your ignition system remotely. Kinda like the North Star system. There are some real nice systems on the market now, money is the only thing that will dictate how good a system you want.

Got a Crime Guard from Frys for $70 and installed it, you'd have to get the locks and starter add ons since I can't use em on my 67, but it has a pager and an LCD readout screen on the key chain, plus other adjustable options.

I got quoted a alarm, auto start keyless entry and a remote pager that shows you where they car is being brokin at and lets you know for 479.... :confused: dunno if thats good or not.

Do you want to install yourself or you want it done? It can get pricey to have it done but there are some good places in the Bay that will get it done for you. I know just how you feel. I loved driving my car to the store but as sooon as I got in there, I'd be nervous and hurry to get back to the car.

i will do myself.just want feedback on ones others in our comunity have that work well with our cars.

Viper 791XV. It's an older alarm but has a pager. Had one on my old t. Also have one in my wifes car. Make sure whom ever installs it take the time to hide the wires, relays, switches, brain etc. It's not just who has the best alarm. It's how it is installed.

I have the Compustar Pro alarm/starter installed in my 87 GN with remote pager if the alarm is triggered and so on. The range is amazing,

Regards,
Realspartan

Whatever alarm you get, a lil fuel pump kill switch would be great also. A battery or ECM kill is ok but resets the Chip. I'm planning on making a remote hidden switch to work with the Keyless entry unit or AUX on the alarm. It will kill the power to the pump without having the switch under the dash, hidden in cab somewhere,even under the ashtray etc. Also might do it to the starter or other "start" parts. It wont stop a Tow truck but I never leave it long enough for them to use one. Depending on how much you want to safe guard it, look into lowjack.

A custom job is always the best IMO, nobody will know about it but you.

I can tell you from experience that the pager alarms don't work. I had one, granted it was 10 years ago, but it was the latest and greatest with the lcd pager that was so specific it would show if a door opened, or the trunk, or the car had been started. It had an lcd screen on the pager and supposed to be good up to 1000 feet. The crook disabled it so fast it never even sent the page to my remote. Maybe the ones nowadays are better but I wouldn't trust just an alarm. I'd have at the very minimum a kill switch and a column lock.

Someone once posted something like this for the ultimate security system:

"Have your wife stay in the car, that way, if the car IS stolen, it won't be a total loss" :)

Trunk Monkey & a Good Insurance Policy just in case. At least you know you have an agreed amout coming at you without fighting for your $$ for 6 months. They are cars & can be stolen if the thief wants it bad enuf. The pro's know all the tricks of GPS tracking etc.
Altho, I still think that the GPS option is a good safe guard with a kill switch. I have a few of them but if it's stolen I'll get more than I would selling it these days with a bad market & gas going crazy. Just try to be smart where you park.

Viper has many great options. I have the top model and it has remote start, turbo timer, proxcimity sensor, pager, tilt sensor for tow truck/rims, and many many more options. Bout a grand with all the good stuff and installed. If you don't want all the options activated it could be less. Turbo timer is a really nice option.

Look into the Drone compatible stuff if you have droid or iphone, you can see your car with gps using their app on your phone and even kill it from your phone. Spendy, but how much do you have into your car already?