Best all around tire (not just track)

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
Hey guys, new to this forum, wondering what tire you guy's think are best as an all around tire, (not just drag racing). Let me know what you liked/disliked about it, did it hook up good? Quiet? tread life? Let me know. on a 275 60 15.. Options,

Cooper Cobra GT,
BF Goodrich TA
Dunlop GT Qualifier
Firestone Firehawk Indy
Goodyear Eagle

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

I like BF Goodrich. I run 275-60-15 on the back and stock size on the front. They are not noisy and if I don't spin them I get decent mileage.

i ran the same regular bfg's 275/60/15 in the back and stock size up front on stock rims. the only things that were done to my car at that time were a chip and a cold air intake and it spun them if you went wot from a roll it would rost them to about 60. other than that good tires. and figure most of the muscle cars are running them so i guess that means they are good. hope this helps.

Mike

Radial T/A's. Smooth ride, decent handling, decent treadlife if you can keep them from roasting. :biggrin: I have 235/60SR15's.

Steve

I've run BFG Radial TA's in 215/65 and 235/60-15's all the way around the car and like them a lot. Last tires I bought were Firestone Firehawk Indys in 235/60-15 and I think they are better than the TA's, quieter, as good or better traction wise, and just as cheap. Several years ago I tried a set of TA Radials in 275/50-15 on the back, and those were the scariest tires I've ever driven in the rain. They would hydroplane on any moisture at all. Twice I changed lanes out of control at 45-50 mph on the interstate in a light rain, and I was already going only that fast because I knew how dangerous they were - then they went far, far away from me :). I love Nitto drag radials in 275/50-15 wet or dry. They don't hook as well as the Mickey Thompson's but they are as good in the rain as the TA Radials in 235/60-15 and they hook quite well on the street. I've driven them in snow four times and had to shovel a few times and need a push once, so don't do that :). I've even done a 2 psi launch in the rain and they didn't spin until the boost hit about 10 psi or so. My first set lasted 22,000 miles but that was lots of highway miles and very, very few burnouts. The Goodyear Eagle GT's that came stock in 215/65-15 were okay dry but not as good as the TA Radials, and they were very poor in the rain, spinning easily with not much throttle even stock. Don't have any idea how today's Goodyears perform.

Michelin pilot 235/60R15, good tire, quiet and decent traction.
The best tire was BF Goodrich Comp T/A... now discontinued :mad:
Now trying Yokohama Avid S/T on a '69 GTO- 235/60 up front 255/60 rear, just got them :rolleyes:

The Dunlop GT Qualifiers are great. They dont have 275's, but they do have 265, which i have, and i get good life and great in the rain.

tsaltario said:
Hey guys, new to this forum, wondering what tire you guy's think are best as an all around tire, (not just drag racing). Let me know what you liked/disliked about it, did it hook up good? Quiet? tread life? Let me know. on a 275 60 15.. Options,

Cooper Cobra GT,
BF Goodrich TA
Dunlop GT Qualifier
Firestone Firehawk Indy
Goodyear Eagle

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

GOODYEAR F1--SEE PHOTO-GREAT TIRE;

White Out said:
BFG g-force KDWs for a great wet/dry tire.

Nick
+1 for KDWs, KDs are great for dry handling and acceleration, VERY grippy, not great in wet though.
GC

441120 said:
Michelin pilot 235/60R15, good tire, quiet and decent traction.
The best tire was BF Goodrich Comp T/A... now discontinued :mad:
Now trying Yokohama Avid S/T on a '69 GTO- 235/60 up front 255/60 rear, just got them :rolleyes:

That's why I run the Pilots. T/A's are OK but T/A HR4 are a lot better on tractoin. Unfortunatly the HR4's are discontinued. The Pilot is a similar tire though since Michelin owns BFG.

Bigger Tires

will 275-60-15 it on the stock rim of an 87 T. I have been told they are too tall. Combo I'm considering is 235-60-15 fr. and 275-60-15 rear. Wiill this work?

My rims are are stock, no mod's to the back end, besides alum control arms... they fit fine. Gives the car a nice rake to it.

I had my 275/60/15 on stock GN wheels and they fit fine no rubs no nothing no mods the the suspension or the fender either.

Dunlop GT qualifiers 295/50/15 on stock t-wheels great traction wiht a good burnout cut a 1.89 sixty on em,long lasting raised white letter good in the rain