Best front mount intercooler?

Always a lot of bias on this subject IMO. I have owned the Eastern and V2 I currently have. I like the V2. I have seen the PTE unit and it isn't stealthy like the V2. Testing has shown the V2 to work better. The V2 is larger. The V2 is cheaper. Okay, you got my biased opinion;) Next:D

Crap, knew I forgot something when I did that! I have an Eastern front mount. My buddy offered to give me what I have in it, so I thought I'd sell it to him and get a new one. Maybe stupid idea? I like the PTE unit, but $1000 is a lot, considering I have a front mount. Are there any gains to be had here? I only paid $400 for the Eastern IC. What do you guys think? Thanks again!

The Eastern unit worked well for me. I went 11.78@113 with it. I eliminated compressor surge going from the Eastern to the V2. For what you have in it I don't think you would see any gains worth talking about. Good luck!

Well, based on everything I've seen, I would say the best bang for the buck is with the CAS V2. It's not too big for street use, and offers high yields. I have the utmost respect for the guys at PTE, and they do make great products. However, per your goals, it does not justify the price for their FMIC. You can get a new CAS V2 from RamChargers.com for $869, which is cheaper than buying directly from CAS. I don't think the Eastern Performance is as good of a piece, and is a semi-outdated design, but it does not sound like it would prevent you from running your goal of high 11's either. I ran 11.9's w/ a BGC stretch stock location and a stock turbo. I now have a V2, and am looking forward to seeing it's increased benefits, per my new combination. I actually bought it used on gnttype.org Turbo Trader, shipped to me for $700, so you can certainly find good deals on other used stuff, if you keep your eyes open. Hope it all works out for ya'...

Cottons front mount for me. Gone 11.2 @120 @ 19 lb boost. install is a snap. Great fit. latest core technology, and bigger and thicker that a V-1 and V-2. When i got mine price was same as a new V-2. To top it off its was great working with Jack and his employees. Remember guys, this is my opinion!
Mitch

I have the ATR front mount and like it. It takes up the whole front end so it looks like you have an aluminum rad. The only complaint I have with it would be it is not 3" pipe. Works good and no problems, well maybe price. $1300.00 is a bit much.

I just got my CAS V2 the other day and haven't installed it yet. The only thing I can say is that if you want it now then go somewhere else to order it. I ordered mine straight from Tony and after many phone calls and 4.5 months of waiting :mad: , I finally got it. I'm happy with the product, but 4.5 months is a little unrealistic.

I'll jump down off my soap box now and answer your question. :D I chose the CAS V2 b/c I believe it to be the best for my application . I would recommend you search the archives and read up on it. A lot of people have beat this subject to death. The bottom line is you have to be happy with what you want and make your own decision. Everyone will tell you that his intercooler is better than another one, but it depends on what you are looking for. Is 0.1th going to really make that much difference to you? Maybe for your application the answer is "Yes", I don't know? You just have too weigh all the options and get what you want. And in the immortal words of Stone Cold Steve Austin, "That's all I have to say about that". :cool:

I have the Eastern unit on my car. My rough tune times and MPH are in the sig. I have no problems yet with it. Been on for over 5 years.

We just argued this to the Nth degree a few months ago. Wow, just like the GNTTYPE mailing list...eventually the same questions get asked over, and over, and over, and over.......:rolleyes:

I love my V2 because it's the stealthiest and mounts with no drilling. However, I honestly think you could reach into a bag with a blindfold on and be happy with whichever (CAS V2, PTE, or Cotton) frontmount you pulled out, so shop price, shop color, shop the style of hose clamps, shop whatever - just pick one and be happy.

Originally posted by ijames
I love my V2 because it's the stealthiest and mounts with no drilling. However, I honestly think you could reach into a bag with a blindfold on and be happy with whichever (CAS V2, PTE, or Cotton) frontmount you pulled out, so shop price, shop color, shop the style of hose clamps, shop whatever - just pick one and be happy.

If Jack can get some hose clamps the color of his car, I'm there! :eek: The Great PumpkinCooler!! :)

I like my PTE intercooler. Im not into the stealth-look. T-type wheels are stealth enough for me.

We just argued this to the Nth degree a few months ago. Wow, just like the GNTTYPE mailing list...eventually the same questions get asked over, and over, and over, and over.......

With all due respect, I think very post on here has been discussed in one form or fashion. Not everyone reads every post every day, some people actually have lives that prevent that. Searching the archives some times is a good route to go but not the same as posting yourself. I appreciate your postion but it is of little use except to a smart one.

My opinion CAS is the only way to flight, but I've never experieced the long lead times others complain about.

Originally posted by GTEATER

With all due respect, I think very post on here has been discussed in one form or fashion. Not everyone reads every post every day, some people actually have lives that prevent that. Searching the archives some times is a good route to go but not the same as posting yourself. I appreciate your postion but it is of little use except to a smart one.

My opinion CAS is the only way to flight, but I've never experieced the long lead times others complain about.
Don't let him get to you! He is like that about everything on here so just laugh it off like I did! You aren't the first and certainly not the last:D He has the power to bypass the thread like the rest of us. I understand your points!

try cottons huge fmic, this thing was easy to install, looks like an all. rad and takes up the entire area w 3" tubing. took 4 days to be delivered after init. call, cost 1,050.00 to my door this thing is sweet.