Best headers for low buck racer thinking about upgrading??

1NASTY6

"Staged for Life"
Hey guys, (and gals) ;-),

8 years ago I had a local fabricator port my stock headers while repairing the cracked drivers side one. He did a fantastic job of beefing up the webbing and the porting was very nice.

Well, the other day I started her up to move over in the garage, and realized that the drivers side is cracked again. I either remove it and possibly have it repaired again, or I consider an upgrade.

I have always raced on a pretty strict budget (as those of you who know my car will attest) so price is a pretty big factor for me.

Any feedback on the best bang for the "budget minded buck"??

Thanks!

the stainless ones they offer her don't look to bad.

HEADERS STAINLESS STEEL

hey Tim you are from oshkosh ,does your dad happen to still have the buick regal with the 455 in it.I saw it at kk when i had my yellow 84 regal with the 302dz in it.At the time you had a gn and your dad had that buick i think it was like silver or something.Well any ways if its you ,i own a gn after 12 years maybe i will see ya at kk this summer.

Thanks for the quick replies everyone!

I guess I'll see what she looks like when I remove it. If not too bad, then probably just pay the price to have it repaired again. They actually are more than adequate for my combo, but thought as long as I was removing one, maybe an affordable upgrade would be possible.

Thanks!

KRAUS - Yes, my Dad and I are the guys you know from KK. Congratulations on your purchase of a GN!! I'm happy to hear that! What did you ever do with the Yellow Regal that you had the (lord forgive him) CHEVY motor in? It always looked real nice.

My Dad still has his 455 Regal. He has had it into the 11.70's but prefers to run it about 12.10's to keep it legit for Street Class. When I drive it, the extra weight keeps it at about 12.22 - 12.25.

Send me a PM, and I'll give you my cell number.

Later!

I sold it to buy a gn then end up with a 89 stang convertable to beat the crap out of then sold that to buy GN.I will call you tommorrow for sure later.

You could also talk to brian at g body parts on getting a set of headers stock from him,that are in good shape.

GBodyParts.com Online

just stick with your stock headers and have them fixed....you can go deep in the 10s with stockers