• Infinity

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lexus

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

saywin

Fletch
My wife and I are starting to slowly look for her a new luxury SUV. I am looking for great service and a great vehicle in the 40-50 thousand dollar price range. What have any of you had good luck with in the past.

No Mercedes huh? Well thats where I work at and what Im familair with. Dont know too much about the others

The point of buying a new car is not having to take it to get serviced.

"Great Service Departments" are the result of "less than perfect products".

In DFW, Infinity seems to have a good reputation. My neighbors all seem to love them, both FX's and QX's.

3 of my neighbors bought Porsche Cayennes, but I would never recommend those because I don't see the point.

If I was going to spend $50K on an SUV for my Wife, I would get a Yukon with lots of options. Unlike all of the ones you listed, it can actually tow a trailer (What other purpose does an SUV serve?) and it will get better gas mileage than over half of the ones you listed.

Owning a "luxury" SUV with a V-6 that only get 16 mpg sucks. If my wife is going to drive something that only gets 16 mpg, it better pull my 8000 lb trailer.

IMO Mercedes is the best. However it is the individual dealership that makes the most difference...

Caddy rocks IMO...replaced my A/C compressor after factory 50k mile warranty ran out for free, said it should have lasted longer, and I bought it slightly used from a non Caddy dealer(and they knew it):biggrin:
Even offered a loner car.

Why not a Buick Enclave? :confused: They are the best of all worlds.

that's what I was thinking...The Enclave is getting very favorable reviews. Long term durability remains to be seen however, although GM has made improvements across the board lately.

that's what I was thinking...The Enclave is getting very favorable reviews. Long term durability remains to be seen however, although GM has made improvements across the board lately.

Its built on the same platform as Lexus, just beter and more reliable. If you look at the Lexus SUV against the Enclave you can see the simularities. The Enclave has more style in my eyes.

As stated previously it all depends on the dealerships in the area. Some dealers provide loaner cars, shuttles, and more...others don't. If you are in the market for a nice SUV take a look at the Mercedes Benz "GL-Class" they are a bit over your budget but worth the money!

Audi covered everything on my car for the duration of the warranty and a little bit afterward. And by everything, I mean everything brakes, cup holder, window reguators, suspension pieces that were worn.- Even replaced the whole symphony radio system when I suspected a blown speaker...

I forgot Mercede's

I did forget the Mercedes, but my wife already ruled that one out, she doesn't like the looks of them? The Enclave was the first one that I looked at and I liked it alot because it is a Buick, but my wife wants a bench seat in the middle to divide the dogs, and they only come in Captains chairs. The other issue with the Enclave was getting the one you want, color, options etc. The dealer where I looked only had one and he said other dealers will not trade because they are a hot item right now. I also did not like the net they use to shade the sun roof, they need to make a solid peice, not a IMO cheap looking net:rolleyes:.

The Yukon or Denali seems to big for what she needs it for, we don't have a boat or any trailers to pull. I also would think they drink more gas than the other SUV's we are considering. I am not saying they aren't nice, because I know for a fact they are, but it's just not us.

We have an 05 Acura MDX right now like the vehicle but I don't care for the service department one bit. I have had issues with them from day one and I am finished with them. I would think when you purchase a $40,000.00 vehicle you would get a loaner car, a call back when they have to order a part, and someone to greet you when you pull into the garage instead of BS'ing with the guys in the dept. I have had it with that department, maybe it's the dealership? We love the new MDX it is a very nice vehicle, state of the art and it's getting really good reviews, but I just can't deal with the service, they suck!!!

Oh yeah the MDX gets about 16 in town with my wifes heavy foot, but on the Highway we get about 23 loaded down and going 70-75.

Forgot Mercede's

No Mercedes huh? Well thats where I work at and what Im familair with. Dont know too much about the others

I looked at one, and liked it but my wife didn't! I am sure they have great service, I was very impressed with the dealership when I visited!

I understand

In DFW, Infinity seems to have a good reputation. My neighbors all seem to love them, both FX's and QX's.

3 of my neighbors bought Porsche Cayennes, but I would never recommend those because I don't see the point.

If I was going to spend $50K on an SUV for my Wife, I would get a Yukon with lots of options. Unlike all of the ones you listed, it can actually tow a trailer (What other purpose does an SUV serve?) and it will get better gas mileage than over half of the ones you listed.

Owning a "luxury" SUV with a V-6 that only get 16 mpg sucks. If my wife is going to drive something that only gets 16 mpg, it better pull my 8000 lb trailer.

But if and when you have to use the service dept, it makes a world of difference especially for what your paying! I hear you about the Yukon, they are nice but it's a little much for our needs. I guess I could buy a trailer and mod up my GN and use the Yukon to pull it to the race track, hey that's an idea!:biggrin:

Audi

Audi covered everything on my car for the duration of the warranty and a little bit afterward. And by everything, I mean everything brakes, cup holder, window reguators, suspension pieces that were worn.- Even replaced the whole symphony radio system when I suspected a blown speaker...

I heard the Q-7 is a very impressive vehicle, I think I will check this one out!:smile:

But if and when you have to use the service dept, it makes a world of difference especially for what your paying! I hear you about the Yukon, they are nice but it's a little much for our needs. I guess I could buy a trailer and mod up my GN and use the Yukon to pull it to the race track, hey that's an idea!:biggrin:

I just don't get the whole concept of "tall car" SUV's. It's a woman thing, I wouldn't understand.

For $40K-$50K, you can get a NICE car that will be more comfortable, handle better, get way better gas mileage and actually be safer than the stupid tall cars women just can't seem to live without.

They are a product of girl-logic. I'm tall, therefore I'm safe...until I get tagged in the rear quarter and it flips over like a turtle, because my dad never taught me how to turn into a skid.

The service you get depends on where you live and what dealer you go to. Some of the local acura dealers sell cars to people with no money, so they aren't going to go out of there way to make their customers feel important.

Dealer

I just don't get the whole concept of "tall car" SUV's. It's a woman thing, I wouldn't understand.

For $40K-$50K, you can get a NICE car that will be more comfortable, handle better, get way better gas mileage and actually be safer than the stupid tall cars women just can't seem to live without.

They are a product of girl-logic. I'm tall, therefore I'm safe...until I get tagged in the rear quarter and it flips over like a turtle, because my dad never taught me how to turn into a skid.

The service you get depends on where you live and what dealer you go to. Some of the local acura dealers sell cars to people with no money, so they aren't going to go out of there way to make their customers feel important.

My dealer can kiss my A$$ and my money goodbye because he isn't gonna get any more of it!!!

I'd have to agree with these points. I do most of my own maintenance and repair(OK all of it), so I don't care about the service. The last time I took a truck in was in '99. It was a '99 3500 CC pickup bought at Classic in Grapevine, and had some issues with the A/C that they fixed under warranty.

As far as spending that kind of coin, I'd look for a nice year or two old one and pay cash. Avoid the 'new car hit' when you drive it off and hopefully the bugs have been worked out.

As far as the mileage I'd be pretty disappointed in any v-6 that got 16mpg. My '94 Suburban gets 17 around town and I've used my dad's 2000 Suburban on trips and fully loaded(4 squids and all the gear for the vacation) and it got 20 on the highway(I was surprised too). Surely the Tahoe/Yukon could do better as they are smaller. Even her DD 99 Suburban (454) gets 13 around town and almost 15 on trips(Gotta love the 42 gallon tank).

Rich