Best Spark Plug for E85 $24.99 each WOW

onefastgn

I have done some research and have found that the Pulstar Pulse plug seems to be the best for E85. I'm not sure if that's true, but they cost $24.99 each, WOW!!!. I'm using Autolites 23's gaped @ a tight .035 and they seem to work fine, but they claim they will out perform any spark plug out there. My question is : Is anyone using this type of plug? and if so is it worth the extra money for the performance gains they claim. You can check them out on there web site. www.pulstarpulseplug.com Let me know what you guys think.

Capacitor plugs have been getting beat up for a while but seeing 10whp on a car that makes 240 is pretty impressive for just a plug upgrade.

I have Rapidfires in my GTO and they should last a long time and supposedly have a more efficient spark. It helps the start up process on E85 but $25 a plug is not too bad if it makes 5% power and your GN pumps out 400whp.

Fyi

Hey Tony,

This is what I found for a disclaimer.... Not sure if it applies to our engine or not.

"CAUTION: Pulstar model recommendations are for stock, unmodified engines. If you have added an aftermarket turbocharger, supercharger, nitrous or any other product that increases displacement or compression to your engine you will require a colder heat range pulse plug in order to avoid possible damage to your engine. For these applications please see our other great product at Plug in some real horsepower with DirectHits or call us at 888-800-6700"

I have done some research and have found that the Pulstar Pulse plug seems to be the best for E85. I'm not sure if that's true, but they cost $24.99 each, WOW!!!. I'm using Autolites 23's gaped @ a tight .035 and they seem to work fine, but they claim they will out perform any spark plug out there. My question is : Is anyone using this type of plug? and if so is it worth the extra money for the performance gains they claim. You can check them out on there web site. www.pulstarpulseplug.com Let me know what you guys think.
'

Stay away from those. Plenty of other turbo cars I know of have had problems with those, cracking, coming apart, etc. The manufacturer will replace them. But who in the hell wants the headache!!

I'm not sure where this myth came from ie I need a different plug for E-85??

I use the NGK UR-5 and also use stock plugs with E-85. All worked just as they should.. no problems.

I am wanting to try some E-3s but there is no reason to get a "Special" plug for E-85. :rolleyes:

The first thing you will notice when you start running E-85 is that your plugs are going to much much whiter. Also you cannot fuel foul a plug with E-85 all the more reason to stay away from special plugs and the like. Spend your money somewhere else IMO .....

just speaking from a physics point of view, i don't see how a spark plug can add any horsepower, except maybe for being a colder spark. their job is just to ignite the mixture at the proper time. as long as they do that, they're fine imo. i just don't buy into a lot of that marketing BS with which they try to get you to buy extra-expensive plugs.

'

Stay away from those. Plenty of other turbo cars I know of have had problems with those, cracking, coming apart, etc. The manufacturer will replace them. But who in the hell wants the headache!!

I'm not sure where this myth came from ie I need a different plug for E-85??

I use the NGK UR-5 and also use stock plugs with E-85. All worked just as they should.. no problems.

I am wanting to try some E-3s but there is no reason to get a "Special" plug for E-85. :rolleyes:

The first thing you will notice when you start running E-85 is that your plugs are going to much much whiter. Also you cannot fuel foul a plug with E-85 all the more reason to stay away from special plugs and the like. Spend your money somewhere else IMO .....
Good enough advice for me. I will give the NGK's a try. I just wanted to know from someone else that has had them. Thanks alot.

Autolite 23s are still working fine for me.

Hoping for 9.9x this weekend at englishtown on straight E85.

Autolite 23s are still working fine for me.

Hoping for 9.9x this weekend at englishtown on straight E85.

Good luck this weekend. Thats the same plug I'm running right now. What is your gap on the plugs? I have mine at a tight .35, is that a good setting? Thanks