best street drag radials? For 16" rims

JRC86GN

Hi

What is the best size and type of tire to use on Front GTA - Used on rears-GNX style 16 X 8 Wheels?

Thanks
Jack

i just made a thread about this a day ago look it up good info on it i think its back at the top too

I have had nothing but great times and results from the Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro's. They stick at the track, they stick on the street - testing only, no street racing here.

I had a set that I finally had to retire from 1992! Granted I don't put more than 5K on the car a year, but they were still good for slicks after the fact. You could still see the tread on them when I made them into planters.

Even in the Texas heat, they retain their tread very well for a DD tire.

The rain....well, like any DR just be careful.

Tuff freakin' tire man.....

Attachments

• mtpro.jpg
    mtpro.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 268
i'll check. I wasn't aware that they didn't.

Well I'll be. they don't. Sorry about that.

I just bought a set of 255/50-16 MT's for a spare set of 16 GTA wheels I have, went to the track this weekend here's my best times.

60ft-1.87
1/4- 12.306
mph- 111.56

Best 60ft with BFG's was 2.00's

the M&Hs look nice . Ill let ya know how they work. NOT as wide as the MT's. I think they will fit a Buick pretty good . Put them on my Mazda beater yesterday :p

with the 36mm hollow sway bar, and NON drag race shocks, I've gotten the M&H 275/55/16 to a 1.73 60'. I know they'll do better next time out with drag shocks and the sway bar removed;)

Been to the track 3 times with them, and they are almost needing to be replaced... They have been fun though!
GNtrack3.jpg

I'll second the 255/50/16 MT DRs.:D My best 60' to date is a 1.57 on these tires with 17psi in them... and that was with a 8psi launch.

Only basic rear suspension mods too. Boxed stock LCAs, ATR-style swaybar; and airbags too. And thats WITH a 36mm front swaybar with the GTAs all around.