best way to learn driving a 9 1/2 sec Grand NAtional

Quint

Hey guys, Conleys Performance in Houston is nearing completion hopefully in June of My 86 stage 2 GN. Its fully intact, no short cuts 9 sec street car. They are doing as usual a KNOCKOUT JOB, and of course building it to my needs, which was to be a credible 9.5 sec street driven GN with it retaining its "stock" build and look. I just would like to get everyones advise, who have driven this fasst with this much raw horsepower... Lawrence will drive the car and test the car to the 9.5 et before I learn to back that up and we will be only running a consirvative 24# or so boost for longevity. I will drive on street probably at about 18# give or take a few. Any assist would help, thanks :cool:

I see your in San Antonio too....I'd love to take a ride in it when you get it back!:D

Sorry, this doesn't answer your question.;)

When I first read your subject line, I looked at the username and thought it might be NJTurbo. :D

Alot of seat time is the only way. start out running slow.(i.e low boost 12psi) and work your way up.you must get comfortable in the car and learn every thing about the car(noise's, feel,view)nobody should drive the car but you.Stay Safe.Take Care,Al.