beware of wiseco

choppers4life

listen to this crap, i'm rebuilding a bike right now. i ordered a single piston ring from wiseco for $12.98, then they charge me $6.25 for shipping. it came today in a big box full of peanuts, only to find they shoved a 250 page catalog in it. they could have sent the ring usps for under a buck, instead i paid for a catalog i never asked for... hacks!!!! nik's prox or vertex get my vote now!!

I wouldn't think they get a lot of orders for a single ring. Probably more trouble for them than to pick out a full set. We all hate to pay shipping and it ain't getting any cheaper. It's frustrating but I don't think Wiseco is out of line. jmo ;)

It is not just wiesco. Everybody tends to overcharge in shipping.
I see it on EBAY all the time. They are trying to make all the fees & commissions on the S & H.

I hate when you see a CD shipping for $4 when media mail can be shipped for $1 to $2

ahhhh guy's I have never had a UPS package ship for $1-2 .... your luckey they sold ya one ring;)

Originally posted by choppers4life
listen to this crap, i'm rebuilding a bike right now. i ordered a single piston ring from wiseco for $12.98, then they charge me $6.25 for shipping. it came today in a big box full of peanuts, only to find they shoved a 250 page catalog in it. they could have sent the ring usps for under a buck, instead i paid for a catalog i never asked for... hacks!!!! nik's prox or vertex get my vote now!!

Hacks?

Please...

Let's break it down:
UPS charge to business ~5.00
Box and fill $1.00
Labor to ship one stinking piston ring: ~$1.00

USPS? a Joke for volume shipping - useless delivery confirmation, and an impossible claim service should it be needed, and MUCH more of a pain in the ass to set up and use on a daily basis than UPS.

I love it when people think the only cost involved in shipping a box if the shipping charge. That's why it's called a shipping and handling charge.

(P.S. - and the catalog didn't add anything to the shipping charge)

I only ship with FedEx Ground. Fast, friendly, and cheap. Automatic $100 insurance unlike USPS. I shipped a 35 lb box yesterday 4 states away for $11. Granted, I don't pay myself for the labor but there are alternatives out there to the shippers who spend alot of their budget on advertising and flamed-paint jobs on their trucks. Maybe the women just prefer the boys in brown because they're so sexy.:rolleyes:

Nothin's Free

I would assume that UPS picks up but the seller on ebay has to make a trip somewhere to ship as unless they are doing some volume ups doesn't stop by do they? Not in my neck of the woods they don't. The seller is performing a service and the service costs money.

Rich

hmm, thats funny... conversation today with wiseco today.. man says they do not charge a handling fee? it's all smoke and mirrors to me. what are you saying i'm lucky they sold me one ring. the piston only has one ring...

just pointin' out nuthin's free

Not tryin' to start a flame just pointin' out in this day and time everything has as a price. I will agree that you gettin' the short end by havin to pay freight on a not wanted/needed catalog. Imagine how pi$$ed you would be if the thing had shipped in an envelope and the knuckle head freight company folded the envelope thereby breaking into two or more pieces the ring you ordered. I guess what I'm sayin' is add it into the cost next time you figure on ordering something from them, and charge your customer accordingly. my thoughts.

Rich