Bi-turbo hotair ...... PICS INSIDE

You might want to do a little reading about the cars first. If you're is an NA set up then you have a lot of work to do so that the engine will survive. If you're not willing to take the time to understand how these systems work together then you might be better off dropping a chevy in it.

It was just a question Charlie...geesh. All I do is read these post. It was actually an inside joke because my engine runs at such a low rpm, I figured a turbo would be good for it...lol.
But anywho, trying really hard not to drop a chevy, buick, heck Skyline engine in it. And plus I don't anyone who know's what the heck they are doing...well three people but just haven't really went to them with the idea yet.

The 3.8 runs okay but I have a reman 2-barrel carb from ARI without the computer hook up (just the electric choke wire) and the idle is just too speratic. At first crank I have to damn near Jeff Gordon the thing (race it) to heat it up and the it better not stall on a hill or anything cause then it'll shut off. But not too bad, it gets going and I stay riding. Would like to adjust the carb screws a bit to keep a little gas but other than that, it's fine.

If all you want is a little more power you can get a 4 barrel intake for it off a 4.1 along with the carb and up the power. As far as warm up goes it's all in the choke adjustments. You could even go with the 78-83 draw through system but it's a little more complicated than just a 4 barrel. With the 4 barrel all you'd need to do is get the intake, right carb, and air cleaner and look almost stock. It would give you another 30+ HP and still get decent gas mileage.:)

My post wasn't intended to be mean but wanted to make sure you understood that the turbo systems are not something that you can just throw on and go.:) JJ's family has been working with them and Buicks for a long time and have a ton of knowledge about them. If JJ ever decides to do this for reall then it's gonna be a hoot to say the least.:D

Yea I've heard of adding another intake with a 4 barrel set-up...wow. But then would my original parts fit back onto the replacement intake? To be honest, I would love my 307 back...crank...go! That was it. I mean it did only do but 100+ top end but GAWD that thing was reliable. Bought it with only 47K original...smh. But anyway, enough of memory lane. So I would love to do a turbo...but to be honest, I may just be better off dropping a V-8 and boosting that or just doing a plain 350/350setup and staying normal. I just wonder if a boosted V-8 or replacement T3.8 would have some economy to it?? I mean the turbo will help with gas pedal usage.

You might want to start a seperate thread rather than hijack JJ's thread. The general section is the perfect place to ask these kind of questions and get more than one answer.:)