"BIG GUN SHOOTOUT" update @ BG

BAGN

God Bless America!!!
LC sent me this to post on the Buick boards . . .

It is with great regret and remorse that we must announce that we will be unable to attend this years GSCA Nationals.

The cost of gas , family and work conflicts make it virtually impossible to attend .

We would also take this opportunity to thank the following sponsors that eagerly donated

their hard earned money for the "BIG GUN SHOOTOUT:

John Craig - Limit Engr.

Jason Kramer

Ron Kincaid - Metco

HR Parts & Stuff

Cal Hartline - Hartline Performance

Mike Tomazuski - TA Performance

Take care, stay safe and continue to …

Go Fast With Class.

Lawrence & Janace Conley

NOTE: The funds donated above will be returned.

is there anyway someone else can take over and keep it going?? im willing to do what ever i can to make it work. thx. Len

i just talk to cal hartline and he willing to take it over.lawernce could you please call him? we would really like to keep this going and include the dragster's in this race. thanks again. Len

The dragsters are no doubt kool but if u allow them to run in a heads up race against the door cars then u will find the car count to be WAY OFF!!!! If people feel that they dont have a chance they wont bother entering. The dragsters should be allowed to run in the Q16 if it is a bracket race.

The dragsters are no doubt kool but if u allow them to run in a heads up race against the door cars then u will find the car count to be WAY OFF!!!! If people feel that they dont have a chance they wont bother entering. The dragsters should be allowed to run in the Q16 if it is a bracket race.
i understand what your saying. i dont make the decision's. i just would really like to see them both show up! :)

is there anyway someone else can take over and keep it going?? im willing to do what ever i can to make it work. thx. Len

I'll help any way I can to keep it going. I've been involved with this class since we came up with it back in '04. Always hated having to run Q16 with it being bracket style - hard on converters!

There have always been only 2 rules......

1) Buick Powered
2) Doors

Run whatcha brung and hope you brunged enuff! :eek:

You dont need to worry about me. I know when Im not wanted!!! I will be bring parts to sell but not my dragster. Besides I dont think I could run with
Lenny!!! My moneys on Lenny!! Mike:cool:

You dont need to worry about me. I know when Im not wanted!!! I will be bring parts to sell but not my dragster. Besides I dont think I could run with

Just bolt on a set of doors on the side of the dragster then you are IN!!! ;)

Hey Mike, you know you are wanted and we would like to see ya run the dragster and have you ask to see if you could run the bracket class or quick 16?

I wasn't trying to imply that you're not wanted. I was just stating the 2 simple rules we've always used. This is a heads up class and none of us would have much of a chance against a rail.

FWIW, I would love to see the dragsters run in Q16 or at the very least be able to make exhibition passes. I don't see any good reason the "powers that be" shouldn't let the dragsters run but they haven't always been known to use good reasoning.:rolleyes:

Hey guys , I didnt take your comments personal. Just stating the simple facts!!! As far as quick 16 goes , Mr Heckler has already stated that he doesnt want us in his class , and he will take his ball and go home if were allow to run!! So as previously stated , were not wanted!! Mike:cool:

When the rules for the "Big Gun Shootout" were first announced, dragsters were legal. Recently, someone went in and edited the posts to say they must have doors. :mad: I can certainly sympathize with Mike's position. I will be speaking with LC today and see if I can/want to try and continue this class.

When the rules for the "Big Gun Shootout" were first announced, dragsters were legal. Recently, someone went in and edited the posts to say they must have doors. :mad: I can certainly sympathize with Mike's position. I will be speaking with LC today and see if I can/want to try and continue this class.

Nothing was changed here right??? Just making sure!

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here as I want to see this class continue as much as anyone and I would like to see the dragsters run as well. I don't know anything about posts being edited but I do know that the "doors" rule for this class has been one since the first year we did this back in 2004 FWIW.

Cal,

I can certainly sympathize with your post. I hate when things are legal one day and not the next, kind of like the BG crossover rule in TSO. :mad:

My car is not together and may not be back together this year!! However
Barry with the turbo dragster is planning to attend BG and make a few passes.
He certainly would love to race in something!!! Mike:cool: