Big Mouth Cold Air Intake

GogglesPisano

Hi All,
I just wanted to tell al of you that I just installed the "Big Mouth Cold Air" kit that Mark Hueffman sells on his TR Custom Parts 84-87 Turbo Regals, 94-6 Impala SS, 93-up F Body Cars, Olds G-Body Cars website. It took a little bit of finesse just as he described in his directions to install. It took me about an hour which is probably longer than it will take most of you. What a diference!! It woke the car right up!! The pull when stepping on the gas was very pronounced, and the sound was incredible. I thought I was sucking up asphalt as well. Definitely, an excellent purchase decision for my 1985 GN.
I'm hooked. I have purchased other things from his site and have been totally happy with everything. Mark if you're reading this, damn good job!!
Fred Wittenberg
Brewster,NY

I have had Marks Kit for sometime now and let me tell you it sure does help on the inlet air temp. getting the filter out of the engine bay is a big deal on these car. i love driving around at night and watching my inlet temps down in the 40's right around the temp outside. you could get them down alot further but im in arizona so 40 is good.

I agree- The Mark Hueffman cold air kit is great. I have had mine for over three years. And no it does not suck up water when it rains. Works great. Brad

big mouth intake kit

i'll tell you, it sure woke the car right the F*ck Up!! what an incredible difference!! in just cant believe it.

i'll tell you, it sure woke the car right the F*ck Up!! what an incredible difference!! in just cant believe it.

Mark makes GREAT stuff, and has awesome CS! :biggrin:
What did you have on the car prior to the CAI? :confused:

When I bought my cold air kit Mark Hueffman told me it icreases hp by 15 MPH. I believe him. Just ask him. He will tell you. Good product. My 2 cents. Brad

big mouth intake kit

hey brad,
i'll tell you, whatever the power increase in hp it is, it definitely is significant. I have ordered a few things from Mark, but mostly vanity items to slightly dress the GN. this is the first real performance item I have ordered, and am very pleased with the results.
over the last thanksgiving holiday i drove my GN from my house in Brewster,NY to my cousins in Norton,MA for kicks. every year after the meal he breaks out his 92 Corvette and we hit I-495 and have a friendly cousin to cousin race for $100.00. this last thanksgiving was not one that I was victorious. my turbo oil seal inside the turbo let loose and I started pumping oil out the tailpipe. I had my car, at my cousins house, and my turbo was sent to Cottons Performance in Agawam,MA. Jack rebuilt my turbo and tweaked it just a little above stock. So that is the only other slight modification that I have done. I'm not a real racer, and have no intentions of doing a 150 wheelie down the track at the next Buick Nationals. My father was a design engineer for GM, and I appreciate my GN for what it is, bone stock, and all. i feel my GN is a thing of beauty to be preserved in its natural state. besides if we all drive around, we see a lot more mustangs, camaros, t/a's, and all those other less significant cars, than we see people driving what we have.
Fred

I've been looking at this kit for a while now, and i think after reading this im going to get one this summer for my car. what did you guys do with your oil breather tube? did you just put an A/M breather on it cause i've heard that this can make the engine bay a lot more dirty? Also does the MAF pipe really make that much of a difference or could i just get the piece that replaces the stock airbox and get the same results?

You want to install the entire kit so that you are taking cooler air from outside the engine compartment. Brad

Attachments

• IMG_0787.JPG
    IMG_0787.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 278
I've been looking at this kit for a while now, and i think after reading this im going to get one this summer for my car. what did you guys do with your oil breather tube? did you just put an A/M breather on it cause i've heard that this can make the engine bay a lot more dirty? Also does the MAF pipe really make that much of a difference or could i just get the piece that replaces the stock airbox and get the same results?

I REPLACED STOCK BREATHER WITH ONE FROM POSTON BUICK.