Big rattlesnake!

ITSAV6

It's my Granny's car!
THEY GROW 'EM BIG IN N. CAROLINA
This snake was recently found at the old Turkey Creek located just south of BURGAW, N.C.-- 20 MILE NORTH OF WILMINGTON, NC

A reminder that these creatures are actually out there and no matter
what you believe, sometimes they should get not only prescriptive
rights to be there but the full right of way!

9 feet 1 inch - 97 lbs

No matter what anybody else tells you, kill the snake before you try to do anything else to it!
It's the safest way for you and the snake doesn't care anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pic

Attachments

• bigrattler.jpg
    bigrattler.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 10,301
rattle rattle

DAMN! that's gonna make a nice pair of boots,a wallet,belt,belt buckle,purse,cap,steering wheel cover for the g/n and fasten the rattle by the turbo so when it comes off of boost you can hear it rattle along with the chatter of the turbo :biggrin:

lol they are everywhere brother, we had one in our garden when I was about 12 or so that hit my dad's boots. Thank God he had boots on !!!!! He was about 7.5 ft long with 11 rattlers and a button. I think my mom still has a pic of him holding the tip of the tail over his head and the snakes head was still touching the ground!!!!!! Watch where you step guys lol. Daniel Ray

I only caught 2 snakes this year, and it took me a week to finally get my hands on the garter snake, he was living in my brushpile.
The little juvenile brown snake was in our satellite dish area at work, he scared some city folk so I had to relocate them. :D

ownedsnake003.jpg

snakeowned.jpg

snake3.jpg

snake2.jpg

People don't believe we got big Rattlers in NC. I am glad someone posted a pic of one...

I have seen 2 more that big or bigger in BRACKISH WATER:eek:

I used to bass fish alot and my uncle told me about this snake for years that lived at the mouth of a creek. I thought he was nuts. Then one day I saw it myself, it was a rattler at least that big or not bigger. He had a permanent home made near the shoreline. I got the heck out of dodge:eek:

2nd one I have seen was in a place called Chocowinity Bay. I had heard about the big rattler crossing the bay. I did not believe it. Walked into the boat store and my buddy said look at this pic. I said "its just a pic of the bay." He said look again close. I looked and there was a huge rattler swimming in the middle of the bay. It had a minimum 1/2-3/4 mile swim from side to side.... That is scary:eek: I have played, skied, jet skied, etc... in that exact area. Can you imagine swimming up to a MONSTER RATTLER:eek: :eek:

No matter, dead or alive. I would NOT have that snakes head that close to my NUTZ while holding it. Gotta respect these things, even when you think they are dead, things can happen.:D

No matter, dead or alive. I would NOT have that snakes head that close to my NUTZ while holding it. Gotta respect these things, even when you think they are dead, things can happen.:D

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yall can feel free to keep those big snakes down in eastern NC! :eek: Junkyard scavengers beware, you never know what's in or under that car. Now is a prime time of year for snakes to be on the move before cold weather sets in

BTW, I'm guessing that is a 6'-7' snake and weighs about 8-15 pounds. There is no such thing as a 97 pound rattlesnake, lol.

Got that e-mail earlier this year at Turkey season. Except it was in Kansas.:tongue: Still, it's a BIG rattler.
John

there's no way that guy could hold 97 pounds out on a stick like that