Big rattlesnake!

That's an old picture from Texas. The snake in that picture is a Western Diamondback rattlesnake. It's not 9 feet long and it does not weigh 97lbs. They are not found anywhere near North Carolina either. The largest rattlesnakes are Eastern Diamondbacks. The largest one ever recorded is a little over 8ft and weighed 24lbs. I have been keeping and handling snakes most of my life lincluding lots of rattlesnakes. I have personally handled and measured an Eastern diamondback that was 6ft 61/4 inches long and weighed 19.9lbs at Louisiana Purchase Gardens and Zoo in Monroe Louisiana back in 1993. That's the largest one I have seen in person and believe me it was impressive to say the least. There are countless stories of monster rattlers all over but few have been verified. Good try though.

Gnsnake

My dad used to catch rattlers here in So GA but the biggest we ever actually saw was 6' 1" and I shot him with a 12ga as he was crawling under the house! I did catch a little timber rattler last year about 8-10" long.
A friend had sent me the pic......

I saw one several years ago that was so large that I thought somebody's bumper had fell off their car. It didn't like too much from reaching from the white line to the center line on a small two lane road. The car just "bumped" as we drove over it.

i own reptiles bearded dragons 1 frilled dragon and just recently got a emerald green tree boa at the berks county reptile show. anything past the tri-state is all legal in terms of poisonous reptiles,as long as there not endangered,buyer be 18 or older.you can buy any type of reptile you want

Regardless its a big snake. Now I am afraid to have my feet under this computer desk:eek:

I killed one like that, it had 28 rattles. Put it out by the mail box, i didnt get mail for 2 weeks!:eek:

mail man vs snake

wow!that's determination to keep delivering the mail,if i had gotten bit i would have been calling the fire dept,cops,ambulance,the white house,an air strike,super man,bat man and my mommy

Snake

When Disney world in Fla opened. The following year we went there. I was driving an Impala chevy. Close to the Fla line and driving with Pine trees on both sides of the road I hit a snake in the road that actually lifted that Impalla. Everyone in the car woke up. That snake was stretched all the way across the road and was nowhere to be found when I turned around and went back to look.

"yall" can keep that bull****, have fun

more-than-ever.jpg