Biggest turbo for this combo

CopGn

I was wondering what is the biggest turbo possible with my combo. I am running 17" tires so a little lag is O.K.

Ported and Polished heads with 1.77 Manley valves,
PTE Front Mount
70mm throttle body and intake
Ported lower intake
65lb injectors
9" Art Carr 3200 to 3500 converter

Is a 70 mm turbo to big? How about with the an .82 A/R?

This is a weeked toy only getting 3,000 miles a year max.

The injectors are good for 700 hp at 90% duty cycle and 785 hp at 100% duty cycle. My stock bottom end will blow up way before then.

Not in a full weight GN their not. Assuming 15% driveline loss thats about 660 whp at 100% duty cycle. Granted your not gonna make that much HP but better to have to much injector than not enuff. I wouldnt have said it if it werent true. Im sure you can run em into the mid/low 10s but I wouldnt. Id only push em to high 10s. Do a search youll see. HTH

ps Get a ME 16 pos or turbotweak chip whichever way you go.

Broke1 is right...;)

I would throw an LT-70 and some 83's at that combo if you have the bottom end to hold it.... Might have to send the converter back to A/C and have them loosen it to a 3800..... Or stick with what you have and go with a 45 and some 72's....

Matt:cool:

What if I were to keep the boost under 21lb. I am not interested in making over 600 Hp as it has the stock bottom end. I am more concerned with the turbo application in regards to spoolup.

Originally posted by NoNos38
Broke1 is right...;)

I would throw an LT-70 and some 83's at that combo if you have the bottom end to hold it.... Might have to send the converter back to A/C and have them loosen it to a 3800..... Or stick with what you have and go with a 45 and some 72's....

Matt:cool:

Mama always told me one day id be right about somethin;)

If your going to go with a big turbo might as well get the injectors to match.Why bottle neck yourself??? I got my 83 lb injectors for $350 from Aggressive Auto. You could probably sell yours for $250-$300 easy and quick. Its a no brainer.

You could go with a 70 bb turbo and keep your stall or you could go with a 63 and keep your stall and injectors(maybe,id go 72s). Just depends on what YOU want.HTH:D