Biggest Turbo?

hbsky

I am looking to upgrade my turbo, again. I was wondering what is the biggest turbo/injectors people have run with a single hotwired 340 without going lean?

TIA

A single hotwired 340 can supply enough fuel for up to 57#'ers. If they are run static, pump and injectors will max out at around 60 gph, or approx. 720 hp. You'll need roughly 72 #/min of air to match your fuel. Compressors that can do that are the GT42, T51, T61, and T64. Just look for turbos that have those compressors in them.

I'm a running a TE-45a without a lean condition on a single 340 hotwired but I'm still stepping up to a double pumper adn 72's. If anything right now I'm running too rich

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the te-45a as well, but only have 50#ers. What kind of boost are you running with your no lean condition? I was worried under higher boost I would see knock.

If you look into post about how far you can go with a certain pump or injectors your going to have to assume some people aren't telling the truth, or theres other variables that are hard to define. You will see some one stating they where leaning out at a certain time and yet another guy whos going faster than that saying he's not even close to being lean yet. I think trying to "max out" a fuel pump or a set of injectors is a bad idea. A 45a is deffinately a big enough turbo to out do a set of 50's if your pushing it.

hth: Jason

Originally posted by hbsky
Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the te-45a as well, but only have 50#ers. What kind of boost are you running with your no lean condition? I was worried under higher boost I would see knock.

For the time being I have 50's and I'm running 18#'s.

Thanks for the info. I think that I am going to have to get another pump, just wanted to make sure before I dropped more money into the pit. As always, should have gone bigger the first time. Good advice.