Billet 2&3 main cap install question

CARTMAN

There is a "Power 6" stamped on the caps. Which way does the "6" face when installed correctly? does the bottom of the "6" face the back of the block or front?

There is a "Power 6" stamped on the caps. Which way does the "6" face when installed correctly? does the bottom of the "6" face the back of the block or front?

The bearing tang location in the cap will determine what direction the logo points.

Uhmmm.......are you planning on just bolting them on? They require alot of precise machine work. The bearing tabs are on the same side of the block and there is a fair amount of hand fitting involved. If the machine work is complete, then install the caps with the bearing tabs on the same side as the tabs in the block journal. I will assume a machine shop did the fitting/maching and you are assembling the engine. ( I hope anyway) if you bought them and were planning on just bolting them on.........don't......it won't work.

Thanks all, yes machine work was done. Just double checking that what I thought was the correct way actually was. Was having a brain fart at the time. LOL.