Billet Cams

hurricanepb

Are they worth all the headache? I just bought some gn stuff and in the mix of all the stuff is a Billet 212/212 Roller with lifters, but it has no nose parts at all. Is it worth getting the nose parts or not? It seems like alot of stuff to go through. Is a regular roller easier to do? Should I just sell it and buy a kit from G-Bodies or Full Throttle thats has everything.
Thanks Bob

Bob,
Don't know who's billet cam you have but if it's Webers you have to mill a pocket in the front cover and you'll have to buy the 6 piece nose hardware kit for $230. Heck just buy one of the new ductile roller cams with it's front button and be done with it. Now I'm not saying they are no good or anything like that because the billet roller is a damn good cam just MORE money and lot more to setting them up. Just my 2 cents.

cam

Thanks on the info. I was thinking of buying a whole new kit.and selling the billet cam and lifters…

Whatever you do Bobby, protect the front of the block. My billet cam molested mine :mad:. My next block is gonna be "Billet Proof" :rolleyes:

What lifters? Pm me the numbers on the back of the cam if your looking to sell it

cam

Here is the numbers on the cam.

Serial# X 0522
Spec card#019448
Serial Part# 67-000-9
Grind #BV673751S/3751S HR10
The lifters or comp cam also. there are no numbers on them. But the man I got them from told me they were 853-12

Thats a high rpm lobe for a large base circle LS1, interesting choice. FYI all you need to buy is a cam and a thrust button for the roller, all the other parts should work from the billet unit. Not sure if you have springs but it would be nice to know what you have. Let me know if I can help
Mike