Bleeder valve ID + hose length?

OKTurbo

A friend of mine gave me a bleeder valve that was on a car he has....he took it off and it's been sitting in the garage...I asked about it and he gave it to me to try out.

So I was wondering if you guys could educate me. I know what it's for and how it works, but I was wondering if anyone knew where it came from (ATR / Kenne Bell / Cotton's / etc)

It's a simple brass valve, 90 deg format with a Vernier scale....aluminum knob (knurled). There isn't a check valve in it...I checked using a MityVac. Will not having a check valve be a problem when the car is at idle? (Vacuum leak)

Next question....I was wanting to mount it inside the cabin. Will the extra hose length give me "boost overshoot" due to the hose having to fill up before it starts to bleed. Will the extra hose make it sluggish?

Would it be better to mount it under the hood and not worry about "on the fly" adjustments.

And for anyone who has as similar valve...if you can tell from my brief description....how much does the boost increase with each increment on the scale (10 marks embossed in the valve stem)

Thanks,
John

You need a ball and spring type valve DO NOT USE A COMPRESSOR VALVE!Are anything with a straight shot or you will get boost spike and overboost.I don't know the part no. of the bleeder valv I gotbut it has a ball and spring inside of it and I have perfect boost settings. You want something that relieves air very slowly as you adjust it.