Block learn at 90...Whats causing this?

Rippin_V6

I'm gonna floor it!!!!
I know its supposed to be around 128, mine's at 90. What could be some possible things to check?

What chip, what's your static fuel pressure set to, what is the MAF reading at idle in park, and what is your O2 cross counts (CC)?

The chip is a Jay Carter 93 street. FP is 42lbs line off, o2 cross is jumping around from about 12 to around 210.

Injector constant in the chip. Is it at idle or during cruise? Chip maker can fix that for ya.

Mike Banas
87GN

Also, I just went outside and started the car, and the integrator was at 128, and the BL was 113. It has been sitting for about an hour though. When its warmed up its at 90. Would my Translator have anything to do with this?

Let's talk about your Translator settings. What MAF? What MAF BASE in the translator??

Turbodave, I think I figured it out. I changed the setting in the translator to a leaner setting and now everything is where it should be:) Thanks for the help.....

rastaz...Our BL's hang around 90 pretty often and we happen to have RA chips in the car. What's the connection?

Originally posted by Outpost
Our BL's hang around 90 pretty often and we happen to have RA chips in the car. What's the connection?

Ditto on that. I have a Red 93 chip that I just installed and I seem to have BLM's in the 90's alot of the time. I adjusted the FP down to 39 with the line off and that didn't really help much, just started getting knock at 15 pounds now. I think I'm going to just adjust for knock, and quit chasing these BLM's.

Originally posted by opzWE4

Ditto on that. I have a Red 93 chip that I just installed and I seem to have BLM's in the 90's alot of the time. I adjusted the FP down to 39 with the line off and that didn't really help much, just started getting knock at 15 pounds now. I think I'm going to just adjust for knock, and quit chasing these BLM's.

The chip programming has to get fixed. Shouldn't have fuel pressure that low. Rich idle could start dumping fuel down in the oil causing big problems.

Reds chips for 40's and 42.5 are pig rich at idle. I sent mine back to get leaned out on the bottom and now it is much better. Some other problems associated with this rich idle are slow spool up and tip in stumble. You have to have your fuel pressure at 42-44 psi at idle with RA chips or you will get knock before 17lbs. If you're not happy send them back for tweaking and don't let them talk you out of it.

Well, it looks like I need to send mine back to Red and get it leaned out on the bottom end. Seems to run fine up top, but like you said it's pig rich on the bottom and I can't get it leaned. Tip in stumble and slow spool have also been a problem with this, makes sense now. Thanks

Originally posted by rastaz
Reds chips for 40's and 42.5 are pig rich at idle. I sent mine back to get leaned out on the bottom and now it is much better. Some other problems associated with this rich idle are slow spool up and tip in stumble. You have to have your fuel pressure at 42-44 psi at idle with RA chips or you will get knock before 17lbs. If you're not happy send them back for tweaking and don't let them talk you out of it.

Good info, thanks rastaz. I have just installed new 009's with a RA chip & have the 90 BLM blues & slow spool too :( Thanks to Chad too for pointing out that the chip needs fixin'. ;)

Lee

Same here. Had red burn me 2 chips for 55s. BLMs at 90. I didn't want to bother with sending the chips back 3-4 times to get them tweeked right so I just bought the Max Effort and let Steve Yaklin help me set the chip up. Couldn't be happier.

...Been There....Done That....

The hot weather made the rich condition even worse with my RA93-009's. I bought a chip from Jim Testa and it runs great.

The cold start is a little raggedy on the Testa chip...idle up and down a bit, but once the car is warmed up...Watch Out!

Give Testa a try....

John