Blow by

vacuum 6

If an engine has blow by and instead of using a catch, evac pump or etc. Plug the PCV and run the engine as is, over time what will happen?!? Will the engine start burning the blow-by oil or :confused:

If an engine has blow by and instead of using a catch, evac pump or etc. Plug the PCV and run the engine as is, over time what will happen?!? Will the engine start burning the blow-by oil or :confused:

It will find the point of least resistance and blow it out. Usually it will be the dipstick that gets pushed up out the tube. It will pump oil out the tube and spray it all under your hood especially under boost.

You don't want to plug it up. :eek:

some guys run breathers in the valve covers, and plug the pcv so you dont get crud in the throttle body. My buddys car is that way.

For some reason I thought you were plugging the valve covers too. :rolleyes:
In that case you would blow something out like I said in earlier post but if running breathers in the valve covers, your alright. The oil will just come out the breathers.:redface:

With the pcv in, do you have vapor coming from the breathers now. What is the condition?

Hmm, this brings up a question, I have breathers AND a new AC Delco PCV, and I'm roughly a 1/2 quart low after about 500 miles, thing is, I was 1/2 a quart low after 300 miles too, and i was full at the oil change (?). Anyway I see 0 signs of oil leaks, and no smoke. I was also 1/2 quart low after driving it home 640 miles (when I changed oil after I got home). I'm kinda waiting to see if it gets BELOW 1/2 quart low on the stick so far nada.

With breathers should I cap the pcv holes? I'll pull the intake pipe and see if the throttle body is oil coated maybe tomorrow if I have time.

Any smoke while driving car? Also, these cars leak. Any major leaks or is engine pretty dry?

1) Do not get rid of the PCV

2) If you check the oil after you change it and before you start the car (and assuming you didn't pre-fill the oil filter) then it will probably show a little less on the dipstick after the car has been started and oil has filled the filter.