blue smoke on startup on new rebuild?

DR. EVIL

THE DARKSIDE
I let some smoke go while the seals were all seating and I was running the car through some heat cycles. however, the car has had plenty of break in and its still getting blue smoke at start up. Is this the valve seals?

Most of the time when one smokes only at start up and then quits its the valve seals. When you run it and shut it off , try cranking it back up pretty quick, bet you theres no smoke. Only does it when the car has set for a little while right? If so then oil is leaking past your seals and making it smoke for a sec when you crank it up. A turbo seal usually makes one just keep on smoking from what I have seen. I would put my money on your valve seals myself Later Daniel Ray

Did it do this at all before the rebuild with the same injectors and chip? How long does the smoke last and are you sure its a solid blue oil smoke? If the cranking fuel tables in your chip aren't adjusted for your injectors you can get a brief bit of blackish blue smoke on startup or if you happen to have an injector leaking down it can also cause a beief bit of smoke at initial startup but only for a second or two.

You might also have someone follow you and see if there's any blue smoke on coastdown decel from 60 or so as the ecm will shut off the injectors and you'll also be in a high vacuum situation so if any smoke is seen it could point to the valve seals. Could also be a leaking intake gasket pulling in oil from the crankcase so check the plugs for signs. And check pcv valve or temporarily plug it to test.

HTH

Turbo Seal normally after it warms up.

I would lean toward valve seals also:(