BMW 330 ci

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
It's not much, but I have to take what I can get these days. As usual, all the interesting stuff presents itself when I'm driving my 160 HP, 4,000 lb. Exploder. But last night I was in the GN.....

Waiting at a light behind the BMW to make a left. Once I make the left, I have a few hundred yards to get on the ramp to Rt. 80. I see the BMW guy checking me out in his rear-view and side mirrors. Light goes green, he nails it hard around the corner. Okay, point taken - brand new BMWs go around corners a lot better than 1987 Buicks. He should have kept his lead, but he *waited* for me to catch up once we were both straightened out. Silly fool. The 330 ci is a good looking car with a throaty exhaust - sounded nice for the split second I was next to it. I had enough room to go around him and get on the ramp. Even though the ramp had a curve on it (again, not a strong suit for the GN), I was so far ahead of him that he didn't catch me until I got off of Rt. 80.

I really need to get back to the track. This rebuild #2 is running very nicely (knock on wood).

Jim