Body bushings: why so many part #'s?

c&cgn

It is, what it is...
I am looking at replacing all of my body bushings and was looking at the gnttype page for the part #'s.

Why are there so many different part #'s for both the upper and lower? Is there not just one part # I can use for all the lowers and one part # for all of the uppers?(other than the GNX bushing of course) If so, please advise which ones work best.

Thanks,

Clayton

The different lower bushings have differing amounts of "give" so the GM engineers could tune the ride.

For the 6 missing lower bushings I recommend 1 bushing:

457915 Pink

These are the stiffest and clamp the body the best out of the other bushing listed (I think I have one of all of them)

Thanks,

Turns out the 457915 is also the cheapest one available from my GM dealer as well.

Anyone have any ideas on the uppers?

I installed the Energy Susp. kit. Came with all upper and lowers with washers and sleeves. The kit also came with the "GNX" bushings. This kit will also save you from using all those different part numbers.:cool: Anyways I recommend this kit.

Originally posted by rastaz
Clayton,

What does GM want for the lowers?

Thanks

Wholesale cost is $13 something but the guy I deal with at Lansdowne gives me a better deal and the 457915's are $11 each. Retail would be about $18 something. Let me know if you want the guy's name at Lansdowne.

TTYPE, are the "energy susp" bushing rubber or poly? I don't want to go with the poly, I would rather stick to rubber bushings.

Originally posted by strikeeagle
457915's are $5.28 each from GMPARTSDIRECT...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Not in Canuck bucks it's not. Might end up saving a buck each going that route but then I have to mess around with freight and customs clearance etc.

I also used the Energy Suspension Body Mount kit and it was nice, all the mounts, washers and sleeves. It even comes with mounts that our cars don't have from the factory. No squeaks or rattles with the polyuretane bushings either. Nice kit I would recommend it everyone.

Arent the polys to stiff of ride? original body bushings were rubber correct?

Anyone??

thanks

jojo

$13? I got my four lowers from gmpartsdirect.com for $5.28 each, and the shipping was $9.00. Still cheaper even with the shipping;)

Originally posted by jojo
Arent the polys to stiff of ride? original body bushings were rubber correct?

Anyone??

thanks

jojo

Body bushings have nothing to do with ride, that's the suspension. The Poly body bushings will tie the body and frame together very firmly though. Car will feel a bit more "solid", less give.

My experience between rubber and solid aluminum was more transmitted noise. I would think the poly would be in the middle

Originally posted by Pats-GN
$13? I got my four lowers from gmpartsdirect.com for $5.28 each, and the shipping was $9.00. Still cheaper even with the shipping;)

Ummm at $11 each its actually $5 cheaper than you paid assuming a 1.63 exchange rate.;) Besides did you not have to pay some sort of brokerage fee at the border on top of that?:D

I find with most dealerships you can get better than wholesale, all you have to do is ask...:cool: