Body cushion discrepancy

HarryK

I was wondering if anyone has compared the different part numbers listed for the body cushions listed under the Gnttype.org site and the parts notes in the GM catalog for some of the body mount locations. Looks like only the #2 and #6 upper and lower numbers match between the two sites. I read the recommendation that the pink 457915s should be used in the #3,#4, and I think #6 or #7 bottom positions, but the website is completely off from the parts notes in the GM database.
Ex: GM has #337559 for lower #3, Gnttype.org has #457941
GM has #337559 for lower #4, Gnttype.org has #457917
Gm has #337559 for lower #7, Gnttype.org has #457915

Are these typos on the website? Also, is the actual GNX #5 bushing the 556755 or 488610? I've read posts where both are used.. Any help appreciated...thanks

Harry

Bushings are boring but need an expert

I know bushings are boring but someone must have run into this after ordering from GMPD or PZO and cross referencing....

Oh well...lazy hazy summer

Body mount bushings

I seem to recall some extra research was in order when I did mine. Somewhere I have an invoice of the ones I purchased from a dealer. If no one else gives you the detail you need let me know I'll dig it up. Warning though it IS a hazy lazy summer and in my case emphasis on the lazy part :)
Peter

Peter, that would be great...I'll eventually compile an accurate sheet of everything (cushions and bolt sizes) and post it here..That would save a few hours of digging for the next guy...(Although I'm having trouble with the bolt sizes right now)

No rush..

Harry K.

Since GM had no intention for the G body to have lower cushions at several locations, they understandably did NOT provide a part number for cushions at those locations. At positions 3, 4, and 7, there is a flat washer, part number 337559. (The note in the parts catalog identifies these items as a flat washer. some drawings call it a "spacer") Clearly, this number does not correspond to the number given on GNTTYpe, which is for a CUSHION, not a washer. GNTTYpe has provided numbers for cushions which will fit, for those who choose to put in such cushions where GM did not design them.

I was lazy so I put all "pinks" where the busings were missing. It did tighten up the car.

I bought about ALL the lower bushings specified for our cars and the pinks were the stiffest of the bunch. That's why I say go with all pinks for the missing bushings.