Body Mount Bushings

Yates

Anyone have diagrams or installation instructions on installing urethane body mount bushings for an 83 Regal? Is it a hard job?

How hard is this to do yourself? I have been thinking of doing the body mounts on my 86 GN.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom or advice? where to start? when to give up? Ha ha ha!!

Just finished removing mine and pulling the frame and chasis apart. The body bolt removal itself is relatively easy. It depends on what the history of your car is. Anything from the south should not have too much rust, mine came from buffalo, ny. I used a rachet and copious amounts of PB Blaster. I believe using an air rachet is riskier, I coaxed mine out. Only broke one bolt off. The number 7 seems to be the weakest. There is a ledge in the frame there that evidently holds more moisture. If all you are wanting to do is replace the bolts and bushings, just follow the link above. Its directions are pretty straightforward. Don't forget to check your specific bushings for what type of lithium grease to use... very important. If there is alot of rust, you may want to separate the frame and body to repair the bushing holes in the frame. Check this thread out

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge.../237622-so-begins-started-teardown-today.html

Good Luck!