Bolt on turbo for a hot air 85?

ROBCAR

I have been searching and cant find a upgraded bolt on turbo for my 85 hot air. Someone suggested a precision 6262 with some 60lb injectors would be a great upgrade from stock but cand find one that will bolt up specific to my car or any bolt on hot air turbos. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I can make just about any configuration you want as long as the compressor wheel isn't too big for the stock housing. There is little to be gained with the stock intake setup though

You can get the champion intake from gbodyparts.com. you should try the search method there is already a lot of information on all mods not to mention the stickys at the top of the hot air non intercooled section of the forum.

I can make just about any configuration you want as long as the compressor wheel isn't too big for the stock housing. There is little to be gained with the stock intake setup though
I don't think the hot air racers will agree with your statement about " little to gained "with the larger turbo. There are stock hot air intakes and 60 series turbos with the adapter welded to the compressor housing that are pretty deep into the 11 sec range! See ya! John

I don't think the hot air racers will agree with your statement about " little to gained "with the larger turbo. There are stock hot air intakes and 60 series turbos with the adapter welded to the compressor housing that are pretty deep into the 11 sec range! See ya! John

Thanks this is what I need to reasearch....60 series turbos?? Adapter?? Welded to compressor? So its possible to just to swap out the turbo side and keep the compressor side?

hotairgnx548 said:

60 "series" turbos equals 10's at least. If you have a 60-1 or larger compressor you have enough compressor to support well over 600hp. Thats well into the 10's. They may not agree but if they were to remove the restriction on the intake they would see a huge increase in mass flow. Even more true if they switch the intake and set it up to run a t04e compressor cover. The t04e cover with an old 60-1 combined with the unrestricted intake will net huge power gains at lower pressure ratios. With heads and cam and the above there is as much potential flow as an 86-89 with those parts.

Thanks this is what I need to reasearch....60 series turbos?? Adapter?? Welded to compressor? So its possible to just to swap out the turbo side and keep the compressor side?
No the adapter I am refering to gets welded to the compressor where it goes into the intake opening in back of the intake. (the adapter with the (2) large "o" rings on it I don't remember the cut off demension but only the lower "o" ring is used after cutting off the adapter and butt welding it to the compressor. Maybe some one can post a picture for you to see . Don't just start cutting on anything!

60 "series" turbos equals 10's at least. If you have a 60-1 or larger compressor you have enough compressor to support well over 600hp. Thats well into the 10's. They may not agree but if they were to remove the restriction on the intake they would see a huge increase in mass flow. Even more true if they switch the intake and set it up to run a t04e compressor cover. The t04e cover with an old 60-1 combined with the unrestricted intake will net huge power gains at lower pressure ratios. With heads and cam and the above there is as much potential flow as an 86-89 with those parts.
Bison you are correct but a lot of folks don't have the skills to take the restrictions out of the intake or the $750 for a new one

No the adapter I am refering to gets welded to the compressor where it goes into the intake opening in back of the intake. (the adapter with the (2) large "o" rings on it I don't remember the cut off demension but only the lower "o" ring is used after cutting off the adapter and butt welding it to the compressor. Maybe some one can post a picture for you to see . Don't just start cutting on anything!

Dont worry, Not cutting anything right now. Just need to learn about turbos for these cars. I guess $750 is alot for that champion intake especially if your stock heads cant flow that much.