Boost control problem

BarnesGN

I've been having a boost control problem for a while now and would like to fix it. When ever I floor it the boost spikes for a second or so maybe 2-3psi over what its set for after a second or two it settles back down. If you stay in throttle for an extended period (10 plus seconds) the boost will start to creep higher and higher. My car has a 49 with a garret housing that does have the enlarged wastegate hole(by limit enginerring). I have no aftermarket wastegate mangement.

I would go to 3 Bar Racing---Home Page and buy a mbc. They make a great product. Do you have an adjustable wastegate? If so the extra tension on the rod could be limiting wastegate travel and causing the boost spike/creep.

SAM

what you need to do is take off the downpipe and look and see where the puck is sealing on the exhaust housing. there you can tell how big the hole is in relation to the puck. i ground out mine until it had about the thickness of a dime all the way around the hole. Also when doing this you can see if the hole is centered with the puck on the downpipe.

Do you have a high boost wastegate actuator or a stock one? when i had a stock unit on my gt61 it would do the same thing and i had to add a tension spring to it to control it.

my car still with the high boost actuator on it spike about 2 psi higher than it set for then it settles down after a few seconds and then stays rock solid for the rest of the run.

HTH

Pat Broughton

P.S have you tried swapping out the vac lines to the solonoid.also try taking some wd40 and spraying into the solonoid and then blow it out using some compress air to see if maybe the solonoid plunger is sticking some. also how are you controlling boost?