Boost Controllers.

ItStillSlow

I was just wondering what's the difference between some of the ball and spring controllers? Right now I have a NYS I got off Ebay for $20. But I keep hearing the ones from RJC and Turbosmart are really nice. I'm thinking about getting a better one but not sure which one to get.

Hey bro, if you go the search area up top and type in "boost controller" you will get a ton of info. I've been doing my research on controllers for the past few days and there's allot of info. I'm going with the RJC as the reviews for it have been all good. Of course it all depends on your set up too.. Hope this info helps.

vr
Ed

AVOID Turbonetics billet boost controller. Cost me a melted head,block,piston and 2 pushrods so far...the motor hasn't been checked out internally yet so who knows what else is damaged, won't know til I ship it back to RPE. :mad::mad::mad:

Bryan

Why what's wrong with turbonetics brian ????? Did you have an issue with yours ???? Am sure good ol jack cotton can send you a new one!!!:wink:

Why what's wrong with turbonetics brian ????? Did you have an issue with yours ???? Am sure good ol jack cotton can send you a new one!!!:wink:

Funny Tommy...Turbonetics offered to refund the boost controller !! Thats it !!!!:mad::mad: Are you kidding me right now? LOL
I will be keeping it as a reminder of what it cost me, and their GENEROUS offer after blowing 2 of them COMPLETELY APART !!! AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE.....NOT.

oh dam i have a tnetics controller... time to switch the expensive junk out,but i got time my turbo is shot lol

AVOID Turbonetics billet boost controller. Cost me a melted head,block,piston and 2 pushrods so far...the motor hasn't been checked out internally yet so who knows what else is damaged, won't know til I ship it back to RPE. :mad::mad::mad:

Bryan

I ran the turbonetics billet controller for a few years in my car and never had an issue, if you keep blowing gaskets and melting pistons is probably due to other issues, my boost was rock steady with the turbonetics to 25psi and it never spiked, one thing i did was open up the wastegate phuck hole to match the downpipe to prevent spike..

I ran the turbonetics billet controller for a few years in my car and never had an issue, if you keep blowing gaskets and melting pistons is probably due to other issues, my boost was rock steady with the turbonetics to 25psi and it never spiked, one thing i did was open up the wastegate phuck hole to match the downpipe to prevent spike..

Not doubting your experience...but I can tell you that 2 of the billet controllers blew apart ! Both of which were replaced by Turbonetics who had no explanation for it. The last mishap was the last straw for Turbonetics billet boost controller. The wastegate hole was ported by Jack Cotton before being sent to me, matched to his downpipe , with a Turbonetcs Racegate. The controller was rock steady at 22 psi, then went past 30 on my XFI. How far past is anyone's guess, a 3 bar map will only read ...well 3 bars. Pump gas and alky past 30 psi proved to be disastrous. My tune is very safe, 21* of timing, 22 psi , 10.5 AF. 555 HP, 553 TQ. No where near being pushed hard. You want to continue using one have at it...
Their piece of chit controller cost me a lot of money and Turbonetics don't give a phuck !

Bryan