Boostane and Methanol Injection

Please tell me where I can get vp110 for $8/gal :eek:...its $18/gal in New York!
Motor mile dragway (sw Virginia) straight out of the pump. 112oct is $1.00 more lol. We also have a circle track and methanol is $2-3 a gallon. Been a while since I've bought it though so cant say if the price is the same.

Motor mile dragway (sw Virginia) straight out of the pump. 112oct is $1.00 more lol. We also have a circle track and methanol is $2-3 a gallon. Been a while since I've bought it though so cant say if the price is the same.
Wow nice! I live in the wrong state lol,, I guess the cross all the bridges charge doubles the price.

Wow nice! I live in the wrong state lol,, I guess the cross all the bridges charge doubles the price.
How and where do you price the stuff? Buying 5gal pails at a speed shop is expensive! Considering most race fuels hq's are in the south I bet transportation to NY is expensive. Ny probably has some crazy taxes anyways. I am thankful the price at the pump for quality fuel is fair. I can go race all night at the track with a $50 bill.

How and where do you price the stuff? Buying 5gal pails at a speed shop is expensive! Considering most race fuels hq's are in the south I bet transportation to NY is expensive. Ny probably has some crazy taxes anyways. I am thankful the price at the pump for quality fuel is fair. I can go race all night at the track with a $50 bill.
Yea $90 for 5gal pail, I can get cam2 from the pump at $8.99 but who knows what the quality really is.

What state is that? I think your mistaken.

Living on Long Island is like living in another COUNTRY!

If I could shoot a rifle in your direction it would only make a 5 mile trip.

If I drive there on a Friday afternoon during rush hour........I have to go through customs (NY/NJ Port Authority Police Check points at the bridge), It costs me 30 bucks in tolls, a tank of gas, and then I get an entire tour of the island, because it's a crap shoot to stay on any one of the parkways! We should find Robert Moses' grave, dig him up, and kill him again!

I need to plan a weekend get-away just to see you guys!

What check points? I live in Staten Italy and cross these bridges daily. In 40+ years I've yet to see a PAPD check point

What check points? I live in Staten Italy and cross these bridges daily. In 40+ years I've yet to see a PAPD check point
At the toll, You never have had a cop stand out in front of you car with his hand up, waving you to pull over because he noticed something he could give you a ticket for?

Good for you!

In one of my daily drivers, I once got waved to pull over because it was lightly raining and my windshield wipers were on and not my headlights! Then he proceeded to ask me for my license and registration and then operate most every other accessory on the car to see if they functioned properly. Hazards, turn signals, reverse lights, horn, then he commented on my tire treads, etc.

I was there for a frigging 1/2 hour and was late for work.

Great thread..........but I see no mention of E-85 as an option or addition......?

That's MTA bridges and tunnels. PD wannabes that look for any reason to act hard. I've had problems with those knuckleheads in marked rmps

Great thread..........but I see no mention of E-85 as an option or addition......?
The message I was most interested in conveying to the OP was about trying for consistency and predictable results. Bottles of additives need measuring and calculating for.

Using E 85 is just another option. But even that can be unpredictable without the use of testing equipment or a flex fuel sensor. So maybe pick a favorite fuel or fuel combination and stick with it

Look, i'm not saying that any tank of fuel or fuel replacement is guaranteed. We all know it isn't from the many stories of blown head gasket's and burned up motors because of some unpredictable fuel catastrophe. I'm just saying that once you have tuned and figured for a certain safety margin, then it may be a good idea for the average enthusiast/street guy to just stick with What is simple.

Now, there are those of us who are always looking for more. And some of us have the know-how, time, data and the equipment to make constant changes to our tune But I have to make the assumption that most of us do not. Maybe the OP wants the challenge. I certainly don't like it.

I go to the track once every couple of years and the tune and fuel I leave with is the tune and fuel that stays in my car when I drive it home.

I know a lot of guys who use race fuel, E85 and/or methanol together. Then they save the tune and re-enter their street tune when they leave the track.

It seems sometimes you just can't go wrong keeping things simple.

You know what works best...................? The one that brings each of us the result we hoped for...............anything above that is either a bonus or a long time down wondering why !!

What state is that? I think your mistaken.

Living on Long Island is like living in another COUNTRY!

If I could shoot a rifle in your direction it would only make a 5 mile trip.

If I drive there on a Friday afternoon during rush hour........I have to go through customs (NY/NJ Port Authority Police Check points at the bridge), It costs me 30 bucks in tolls, a tank of gas, and then I get an entire tour of the island, because it's a crap shoot to stay on any one of the parkways! We should find Robert Moses' grave, dig him up, and kill him again!

I need to plan a weekend get-away just to see you guys!
Long Island is a different country, Robert Moses designed these roads when their was 1/10th the cars their are today

I was thinking of using some just to have a few added octane numbers to the tank, not a entire bottle per tank, but enough to say bring a tank of 93 up to 97..just for added insurance in case the alky pump dies in the middle of a run, and hope the WB follower adjusts the AFR enough in time to same some parts??? Any thoughts for that? And Boostane Premium vs Professional, does one have lead in it?

Could get expensive I have 3 other boosted vehicles to dump some in to...

Last edited:
I was thinking of using some just to have a few added octane numbers to the tank, not a entire bottle per tank, but enough to say bring a tank of 93 up to 97..just for added insurance in case the alky pump dies in the middle of a run, and hope the WB follower adjusts the AFR enough in time to same some parts??? Any thoughts for that? And Boostane Premium vs Professional, does one have lead in it?

Could get expensive I have 3 other boosted vehicles to dump some in to...
Alky pumps don't die on a run they lose pressure over time.do what you feel is comfortable I prefer to run more meth and add octane that way but I look at pressure all the time.