boostedmaxpsi

Okay, Frank.
Let's be clear here. Are you challenging me for ET or MPH? I'm not currently building up my street GN to run with drag radials or slicks at the track and bust out a bitchin ET. Instead, I'm targeting your original GN goal of 110mph, but I'm trying to do it with a stock turbo and intercooler (bigger ain't always better) :D

Either way, it should be fun!

Originally posted by TurboSlacker
Okay, Frank.
Let's be clear here. Are you challenging me for ET or MPH? I'm not currently building up my street GN to run with drag radials or slicks at the track and bust out a bitchin ET. Instead, I'm targeting your original GN goal of 110mph, but I'm trying to do it with a stock turbo and intercooler (bigger ain't always better) :D

Either way, it should be fun!

Dan,

I was referring to my WRX and your GN. I predict that by the time the track opens my WRX will run a low 13 to high 12, not my GN.

Shall we wager a can of pop?

As for bigger ain't better. You'll have a full 1.8liters over me.

I'm with ya, Frank. I understand it's between my "slow" GN and your "quick" pocket rocket. Didn't mean to challenge your fast car...your GN or course :)

Ya, let's see how comparable our ET's and MPH will be next season. Should be close on the ET's with my stock radials. Not sure where your WRX's MPH will come in at, but I'm sure it will be impressive for a nearly stock 4-banger.

Regardless, I would still like to go for 110mph with my "stock" pumpgas setup. Of course a few little things have been done and oh ya, a little alky is nice. ;)
...trust me, I'm "stock"

Well the REX will probably come in around 100-104 range. I'm only doing 2 things to it.

1: Full turboback exhaust kit and crossover pipe.
2: Computer reflash, this would be like a chip upgrade.

those two upgrades are good for 65hp

Everything else will be stock on 15psi, the car weighs in a 3000lbs so I have a slight advantage there. I think that will pretty impressive from a 2.0 with nothing else touched.

Then If I want to go crazy and do something like replace the turbo with a VF20, that will that the little REX over 300hp at the flywheel.

Oh! as for MPH hitting 110 your already there. Just lock your converter. If I recall you were already at 108mph in 1/4 right. When I locked my converter I jumped from 112 to 116 with nothing more done then the use of a paperclip.

Turboback exhaust got installed today. I took out 3 cats from the downpipe to the muffler. Needless to say this helped out.

Next stop CobbTuning to get the ecu reflashed. That puts the little REX at 280hp.

SINISTR GN update:

Alky pump has a clean bill of health per Steve Chlupsa. Alky tank is re-installed. Cold-air kit is now installed (very nice peice from Mark Hueffman). Fixed header is back on. In-car boost controller is in.

Ready to start tuning once we get a dry weekend, and I'm over this damned cold I've been fighting for a week now.

I'm going to try out the 100 octane Thrasher with stock injectors one more time just to see if the repairs and upgrades helped reduce the knock I was experiencing. Then later on, I'm going to put in the 37# Delphi injectors and get an alky chip burned for my combo and start fine tuning.

SINISTR GN update:

Alky pump has a clean bill of health per Steve Chlupsa. Alky tank is re-installed. Cold-air kit is now installed (very nice peice from Mark Hueffman). Fixed header is back on. In-car boost controller is in.

Ready to start tuning once we get a dry weekend, and I'm over this damned cold I've been fighting for a week now.

I'm going to try out the 100 octane Thrasher with stock injectors one more time just to see if the repairs and upgrades helped reduce the knock I was experiencing. Then later on, I'm going to put in the 37# Delphi injectors and get an alky chip burned for my combo and start fine tuning.

I too have been fighting this damn cold for 4+ days now!!

Dan you've done way too much to that GN, I resend my challenge.

:)

What do you mean? It's still stock:cool:

Stock turbo, stock intercooler, stock headers and crossover pipe, stock throttle, stock plenum, stock intake, stock heads, stock block, stock tranny, stock torque convertor, stock gas tank, stock fuel lines, stock fuel rail, stock ECM, stock MAF, stock seats, stock dash, stock headliner, stock trunck carpet, stock t-top bags, stock drivers manual...on and on!

It just has a few little tweeks to make it look a little nicer, that's all ;)

Stock turbo, stock intercooler, stock headers and crossover pipe, stock throttle, stock plenum, stock intake, stock heads, stock block, stock tranny, stock torque convertor, stock gas tank, stock fuel lines, stock fuel rail, stock ECM, stock MAF, stock seats, stock dash, stock headliner, stock trunck carpet, stock t-top bags, stock drivers manual...on and on!

LOL!!!! That was good. We'll have to hit once next season.

I have seen that system before installed on awd talon gained 20 or so HP probably more gains while blasting down track with front mount then sitting on dyno. He installed it in july 2003 I havent seen him since so I have no Idea about how it has lasted or any side effects. He said system was pretty easy to install and cheaper than the NOS set up he was going to get cheaper to fill up I guess to.

Originally posted by inzanesrt4
I have seen that system before installed on awd talon gained 20 or so HP probably more gains while blasting down track with front mount then sitting on dyno. He installed it in july 2003 I havent seen him since so I have no Idea about how it has lasted or any side effects. He said system was pretty easy to install and cheaper than the NOS set up he was going to get cheaper to fill up I guess to.

what part of WA are you located? Have you done anything yet to your SRT?

I live in Kent. My SRT-4 is Stock most of the time. I have a spring on Waste gate to make up for weak 4lb spring from factory, I hooked up sprayers to mist FMIC, And an Intake I made my self I've been trying different set ups to find best location for intake. The one I have now I think is the best so far. I plan on doing a cut off valve for exhaust and Alcky injection Hopefully this summer.

I just sent out the ECU to get a stage II reflash. With the exhuast and reflash that puts the little REX at 280hp!!! Next stop is STi injectors and a VF-34 turbo for 315HP! That will make this a mid 12.5 - 12.9's screamer...;)

Off Topic:...Boost Have you checked out Worldoneperformance.com
They are great people to deal with and have great prices on wrx and sti stuff. Even SRT-4 and Evo stuff now. They are also located in Seattle.

Originally posted by inzanesrt4
Off Topic:...Boost Have you checked out Worldoneperformance.com
They are great people to deal with and have great prices on wrx and sti stuff. Even SRT-4 and Evo stuff now. They are also located in Seattle.

I have. Nice guys to talk to over the phone.