BOP south event..

Update

The update is this:

I spoke with the sales manager of Gainsville today. The track manager, Don is extremely busy with a Road Race with Bikes they have going on this whole week. I am going to be call him next tues or weds. to try to lock the date and figure out what the deposit and total cost of the event will be. The target date so far is Jan. 22. This is a Sunday. THe track is having an open test and tune that Sat. So everyone can attend if you want to make some shake down passes..

If I can lock the date I will looking for people that definantly want to race, to give a deposit..so we can come up with the total deposit.

Obviously, we will have to discuss the program for the race, besides the obvious classes like TSM, TSO, etc..

if we can get our motors freshened up by then I know a couple of NC cars that will be there.

Update

Alright guys, the date is ours. Jan 22, 9-5pm. WE have our race. I stuck my neck out, and paid out the 500.00 dollar deposit to hold the date. Now who wants to come race? Time to put up or shut up. There is a test and tune that sat, so everyone can come and make it a whole weekend thing, if you want to.

The rental includes:

Tech
Front Gate
Time slip
Tower
Light + water box
EMT
Track Prep.
Concession

Price to race will be $75.00. All NHRA saftey rules apply! This track is by the books. It will be 10 bucks to spectate.

I will be setting up a paypal account, and be looking for all racers to pay up front BY Jan. 7, 2006. I have up to this date to cancel and get my deposit back, if it appears we will not have enough racers. We need a minumum, of 50 racers.

I will be contacting vendors, to see who is interested in helping support this event, along with coming down and kicking in something for the winners of the classes. I will also be looking for some volunteers to help, get guys in the lanes, and keep the classes organized.

-Alex

We're in...

e-mail me with info to send you the FLO $$$. It will work out fine, The boss will visit her kids at UF and we'll do some racing. :smile:

Alright guys..

The key is getting the money together to pay the track...so if you want to go, I am upgrading my paypal account today so money can be collected and I will post my address..Deadline will be around Jan. 7, as this is when I will have to either say yay or nay..

-Alex

Paypal account address is slowcar01@yahoo.com, Payment to race being sent via paypal should be for 77.50. IF you want to send funds to me directly(money order, check, etc...) Email me or pm for address.

On the event front I am planning to add a car show to event to help get more participation from people who may not want to race.