Borg 67/83

20psiofevil

New vs old. Kind of moved sideways on this deal but my buddy is building a sbe 5.3 and is going to run twin s366s. Approached me with this deal and I took it. We thought this turbo would be near perfect for my engine and allow me to run a bigger cam, so on order is a custom bump stick from comp that will allow me to turn more rpm. I'll keep you'll posted if any interest is shown.
IMG_20170121_161529973.jpg
IMG_20170121_163211815.jpg

I labeled this turbo wrong on the title. It's actually a s467 turbo, in upgrading from a standard out of the box Borg s366. 67/91 fmw compressor and 83/74 turbine. It's equipped with a race cover which is huge! And 1.10 t4 twin scroll AR.

You being a Ford person,your hands are not tied as tight as ours,Most of us will be stuck with the 3 bolt turbo for one reason our another.
I see Nick is switching over to a Borg Warner turbo and a few other people too.
There will always be a few naysayers but its new because it is better.Twin scroll is the wave most people will be riding soon
That is a cool piece keep us updated

I don't think this cover will fit on a buick in stock configuration even with an adapter. The borg s300 I thought was a big unit but the s400 with race cover is huge. This turbo was originally used on a Honda racing in a import class where max compressor inducer allowed 67.7. This turbo comes in at 67.66, like it was built for that class.

With the very low trim that compressor has I'd expect it to have a very narrow map with a very tall peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the very low trim that compressor has I'd expect it to have a very narrow map with a very tall peak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been wanting to play with matchbot to see how it does on paper. The turbo I have is part #179352 super core but I think the #178855 turbo on matchbot is identical. Maybe just an updated part number...?

Also an update: this turbo come off a 1000hp Honda, it has no shaft play and spins freely but I'm going to under take a rebuild with new seals and see what shape the bearings are in. It will basically be a new center section. Never done this before so it will be new to me.

The reason I traded a $500 turbo for a $1300 turbo. Brand new OE Borg shaft is on the way. Also bought myself a nifty new pair of c clip pliers made by channel lock.
IMG_20170122_134418893.jpg
IMG_20170125_183248996.jpg
IMG_20170128_191807306.jpg

received_712708105572820.jpeg
New 360* thrust vs stock 270? This wasn't an OE Borg rebuild kit but I am surprised with the quality vs the OE stuff. This was bought through turbo lab of America which is semi local to me. The chra is completed and waiting for the shaft which should be here tomorrow.

That's cool, so you never rebuilt a turbo before? I have been wondering how difficult it is to do.

That's cool, so you never rebuilt a turbo before? I have been wondering how difficult it is to do.
No sir, this is the first lol. I got the turbine shaft in today and tried to install it with the real seal and it seems to be a pain with the turbine cover in place. Other than that it's been simple really. Turbo lab of America has some real good video's on youtube.