Bowling Green Customs got conned!!!!

Funny that no one mentioned the possibility of Insurance Fraud. Would you put that past John & Cheryl?:confused:

I really and truly believe this was the case with their big theft at the nats some years ago.. especially since the finger of blame for the theft was pointed at ME. Fortunately I was 2 hours away in another town ALL NIGHT trying to get Nelson's car ready to go to race the next day. We didnt roll back into BG until the sun was coming up.

I know who pointed the blame at me.. Torque Tech was also mentioned as a co-conspirator. Anyone that knows anything about Torque Tech will know immediately who was behind the blame game.

The odds of a single piece from that "theft" never surfacing, especially when there was so much "one of a kind" stuff supposedly stolen is pretty slim. Plus, when you have one of a kind stuff "stolen", that makes for a really high insurance claim.

Hello everybody, I didn't disappear, I've just been really busy. I retired a couple of years ago from GM Corvette plant. .

Hello everybody, I didn't disappear, I've just been really busy. I retired a couple of years ago from GM Corvette plant. .

No adds unless you are a vendor please... Contact me if you have any questions...

I have an 84 GN need to replace Ignition module what can I use other then OME not avlible.

How the hell did you dig this thread up? :biggrin:

You could probably find a good used one if you put an ad in the Parts Wanted Forum.
In the long run you should probably do the 86-87 module,coilpack,ecm conversion.The parts are easier to come by

How the hell did you dig this thread up? :biggrin:

You could probably find a good used one if you put an ad in the Parts Wanted Forum.
In the long run you should probably do the 86-87 module,coilpack,ecm conversion.The parts are easier to come by
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. I never really knew why they went out of business but I know they ripped several people off. Ironically a good friend here locally ordered a sheetmetal intake from them not knowing they were on their way out and never got the intake. After several pissed off calls they finally credited his credit card. A short time later the intake mysteriously shows up at his door. He called to have it picked back up and they are out of business. I believe it cost around $800ish which turned out to be free. It's still setting at his house in the box.:)

Bgcustoms

the original owner(lloyd t.) still sells nice turbobuick items on the bay!! nice and smooth sales too:) i miss the ORIGINAL bgc :( my first ever item i added to my first turbobuick was the grey power 6 logo floor mats from lloyd. still have them today!!! :DALEX

A small portion of that $50k was mine.....

The biggest problem was 'accidentally' hitting your credit card multiple times for the same part. Then they graduated to simply stealing your number and using it to pay their utility bills.

Jim

Exactly.

To the orginal owner of Bowling Green Customs. My name is Matt Key From Indpls, In. and I am converting my 1985 Turbo Buick over To cold air. Indy clyinder head made your bgc custom intakes for your company and they still have one but will not release it without talking to the owner/You of bowling green customs. I would like to buy this from them If you can help in this matter. Matt Key 317-490-5103 Thanks for all your help in this matter.

Why wouldn't you just buy the Champion intake? They are essentially the same design

To the orginal owner of Bowling Green Customs. My name is Matt Key From Indpls, In. and I am converting my 1985 Turbo Buick over To cold air. Indy clyinder head made your bgc custom intakes for your company and they still have one but will not release it without talking to the owner/You of bowling green customs. I would like to buy this from them If you can help in this matter. Matt Key 317-490-5103 Thanks for all your help in this matter.

The original owner of BGC is not who you want to speak to. Llloyd didnt have anything to do with that intake. John or Cheryl is the ones who will have to give the ok although Im really surprised they wont just sell the thing. Good luck tracking them down.

This is their catalog from like 1995 or so - it had tons of great stuff in it I thought.. I bought lots of things from them at about this time and was lucky not to have been scammed as others were. I was not internet savvy back then so I pretty much just gave them my CC# and pretty much bought all of their bolt ons. I spent a fortune with them until I discovered ATR and Conley's, etc..

I think like all of my cars' mods were from BGC at that point - even the alcohol injection which honestly didn't work worth a damn, though the reservoir was pretty trick, and the adjustable jets allowed for the fine tuning needed to make my car knock not one bit less, but looked pretty cool due to the stainless braided lines...

Amazing I never got ripped off as I was out of state, and had a pretty high max balance on my CC.

bgc.jpg