BPG Updates

I would like to think that the seepage thing was the cause, but i'm having a hard time buying that.

It's hard to believe they were once on the Big Boy schedule. They don't really have anything. When you compare it to Norwalk...it's really no contest. My first trip to Norwalk was in 1991, I was blown away. My first trip to National Trail was 1996, for the NHRA event, it was no contest as far as facilities are concerned.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The event needs to be moved.
There is reason that the NHRA moved the big event.
That track seeps water during a drought. I spent a week non stop getting the car ready to race for nothing!!!

Man at least you were lucky enough (live close enough) that you did not have to travel far before you got the word. Six of us left here at 5am and did not get the cancel info til we were 30 min. from the track (by the way it was dry). Very expensive day for nothing.

I wish you would have gotten an answer when you asked about rain in the other thread, because if I would have know that if it rain any they will pull the plug we would have never headed out.

I was there and was waiting to run Saturday and the track canceled it. I think they asked if they could run Sunday and the track declined it because they had a busy schedule for today.

I was thinking it was the BPG that pulled the plug. If it was the track, then I owe those guys an apology. Not that they would care, but I won't go back to National Trail.

ONE word KILKARE

Look at the big brain on Bob. If the track pulled the plug and is known for having a water seepage problem this event has to move. I know one of our local tracks had a seepage problem and fixed it by laying down concrete and from what I have been told Kilkare just added 1500 feet of concrete. Both tracks are fairly close in location so no one should cry that it is to far for them to go etc. Heck if they have a open enough schedule maybe we could do a make up race there this year.

Dave sunk millions in that track this year interstate 70 and 75 cross in Dayton and beavercreek
is full of restaurants hotels and shopping WPAFB right here it is a no brainier .

There's another thread where Sean discussed moving it to Bristol next year.

There's another thread where Sean discussed moving it to Bristol next year.[/quote

I enjoyed Bristol (went ever year except the first) but do not think that would be a wise move for the BPG. The southern races really seem to struggle, years ago there was a race in Florida and that is no more, the Reynolds race looks like it is no more, and TB.com race has a hard time. The BPG needs to stay close to where there is a good amount of cars to help it self. Just my thoughts.

The bottom part of the above post is me talking not Sack just to make things clear. Guess I posted a little to fast for myself.

What happened to the Indy event? That seemed like a good location for the Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky guys.

What happened to the Indy event? That seemed like a good location for the Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky guys.

I believe it was combined with the BPG around the same time they made the move away from the Salem track.
I liked that race but of course most people do when you win something.
I think the BPG should look at Kilkare and then if that does not work out try Muncie and Indy.

I was thinking it was the BPG that pulled the plug. If it was the track, then I owe those guys an apology. Not that they would care, but I won't go back to National Trail.

I think it was a combination of both.I think Sean and track made the decision before I got there and the weather did not look too promising at that time. I think the track would have charged them if they made them open and if it didn't clear up it would have been bad for them they did refund peoples monies payed and gave a option to let it ride until next year if you wanted they are asking opinions and I suggested Kilkare so we will see but Bristol and Salem are on the list also we will see.