Braces

jpratt

I have a 86 GN T Top that I am getting ready to mod. I know that a hard top is better for serious stuff but I like having the T Tops. Also I do not drag race at all. My Q's are
Are OEM braces still avail, I was told by someone with a Malibu that they are and cheaper in price than Poston's
Which are better?

The angled braces in the front (run from center of the crossmember under the engine out to the frame rails) can be had off of a Grand Prix, possibly a Monte Carlo SS

The lateral brace that ties the two front frame rails together behind the front bumper you'll have to get from Poston or Kirban. The standard GM brace you'd find on a Grand Prix or Monte won't clear a stock-location intercooler.

The rear seat braces you can buy or fabricate, or find a Grand Prix and cut the brace out of it and weld it into your Regal.

The front braces are still available from gm p/n 472169&472170 list 21.33 each.(no attaching hardware included) Kirban,Poston, et.al offer the complete " everything you need" kits for somewhere around 45.(?)