Brake fitting size?

HYBRIDT

Anyone know what thread and size the lines at the master cylinder are. Bill? I'm installing a line lock and would like to get new a new line from the MC to the line lock.

TIA

ADUM

It's never too late.:D Do you mean the tubing is 3/16ths? I was trying not to cut and flare, but add a new line from the MC to the line lock and just transfer the existing fitting to the other line lock end.

ADUM

Yes the tubing size is 3/16. If I remember correctly, you have to cut off one of the ends and reuse. I will check in the morning and repost here....

Bill

Thanks Bill, that'll work. Just two more questions though. After I install the line lock will I only have to bleed the front brakes and when the line lock is installed just after the MC will the 'brake' indicator on the dash come on while the LL is activated?

Thanks again.

ADUM

Adam,

That's high tech stuff there. Why the need for a line lock? That would indicate that your going to be racing that bad boy next year. Whoo Hooo

YOU KNOW IT FRANK! I was given a Line Lock and a set of 26 X 10 slicks. I'm gettin' ready for next year.

ADAM

Originally posted by HYBRIDT
YOU KNOW IT FRANK! I was given a Line Lock and a set of 26 X 10 slicks. I'm gettin' ready for next year.

ADAM

Man o' Man. So what about a TURBO... What are you gonna use?

Don't know yet. I'm thinking about creating a quick change turbo setup. Go to the track and swap a turbo, chip and put on some slicks and GOOOOO! I think all I should need is to replace all the oil lines w/braided ones from Johns Performance and switch to copper gaskets. 20 min tops turn around time. This winter I'm gettin' a performance rebuild on the tranny and a higher stall converter. I still want a streetable quick car, not just on or off race car.

ADAM

Don't know yet. I'm thinking about creating a quick change turbo setup. Go to the track and swap a turbo, chip and put on some slicks and GOOOOO! I think all I should need is to replace all the oil lines w/braided ones from Johns Performance and switch to copper gaskets. 20 min tops turn around time. This winter I'm gettin' a performance rebuild on the tranny and a higher stall converter. I still want a streetable quick car, not just on or off race car.

ADAM

You should turn this into just a toy and buy another car for streetable!

No, you should have bought my car and raced it and keep your car just the way it is....;)

Originally posted by billsgn
No, you should have bought my car and raced it and keep your car just the way it is....;)

Bill,

What's the word with you know who about you know what? Has it been dry enough for you know who?

haha...you know who went to a SN.com meet and spilled the you know what, so there is no big secret anymore. It has been pretty dry though....
;)

Originally posted by billsgn
haha...you know who went to a SN.com meet and spilled the you know what, so there is no big secret anymore. It has been pretty dry though....
;)

What! Who said you know what about your know who?

What about the thing with the guy about the stuff? And the other thing that the guy said to the other guy about the guys? How much stuff were you getting that guys guy and stuff and guys and things? Let me know.

ADAM

What about the thing with the guy about the stuff? And the other thing that the guy said to the other guy about the guys? How much stuff were you getting that guys guy and stuff and guys and things? Let me know.

ADAM

Adam,

I think you got the, guys guy stuff, mixed up with the you know what!

this is very hush! hush! And I think I said too much already

Frank