Brake heat during open-header parade

turbo84gn

I'd rather be waterskiing
Lane Automotive (imagine having a Summit showroom in your back yard) has a yearly car show/cruise (www.laneautomotive.com). This year they had the first open header cruise/contest. We entered our '87 (you can see us in the pictures at the website). When you take the plate off of the TH 3" downpipe, you can really here that TE-44 whine :biggrin: We weren't as loud as the big block V8's, but we were hoping to get points for sound appeal :wink: with our turbo. Judging by reactions as we drove through the main stretch of town, I think we had a winner.

The problem was that to get the turbo to spin up enough to get a nice loud whine, I had to ride the brakes. You could smell 'em 3/4 of the way through the route.:frown: They were really hot at the end

Any suggestions for next year?

<snip>

The problem was that to get the turbo to spin up enough to get a nice loud whine, I had to ride the brakes. You could smell 'em 3/4 of the way through the route.:frown: They were really hot at the end

Any suggestions for next year?

Imagine the tranny heat built up!!!!! :eek: :eek:

i would put car in neutral for a couple of revs,then move up,then do it again.....