brand new 6162re w/ polished cover

1 quik6

I bought this turbo in March with the plan to install the turbo on my car in May. Before we installed it we found my engine had a bad rod bearing forcing a rebuild. Now I've gotten carried away and with a built bottom end I can handle a bigger turbo.

The 6162re is the new boosted dbb turbo from precision with a 3" inlet and 2" outlet.

The turbo has never been used. The warranty card has not been filled out or sent in. The wastegate has not been ported.

$995 + shipping.

I've got pictures of this turbo on my computer I just haven't been able to post them. If you want to see it just PM me your email address.

The best sale price I have ever seen on these is $995 without it being polished. I think $995 with the polished cover should be a good deal. Please PM me if you have questions.

All of my PM's seem to be asking the same questions so here it goes...

I believe Precision advertises the turbo to provide up to 640hp. They recommend a 2800 stall torque converter or larger. This is a double ball bearing design which should spool much quicker than the jounal bearing designs. A stock converter would work but would produce some turbo lag before it would really get spinning.

It weighs roughly 20lbs and my zip is 49849. I'll charge actual shipping costs, just tell me how you want it shipped. I'd do USPS, UPS or Fed Ex.

I own a Pontiac Buick GMC dealership and I still have it on my books as inventory. The money would actually be going to the store - not me personally. I can take a check, VISA or Mastercard. If you live in Michigan I'd have to charge 6% sales tax.

I do have some of the pieces laying around to hook the turbo to your car. It might save a few bucks for you on shipping if you bought the whole works from me instead of paying shipping to each different vendor. I've got a new standard duty wastegate actuator with bracket for this turbo, braided oil lines from ESP, and water cooling line adaptors from precision. If it helps the turbo sell I'd be more than happy to toss those in the box for what they cost me. Just a thought...

I really need to move this turbo quick or send it back to Precision. I'd lot rather see somebody on this board get a good deal on a sweet turbo instead of me paying a restocking fee.

I'll do $945 + shipping.

Hello 1 quik6, What is "re" ? Is this new or rebuilt new? I am interested, but have to ask my GN guy if I need this later in my build. I was looking at these for a fall purchase. We may be able to come to a deal.
Thanks
Coach

Hello 1 quik6, What is "re" ? Is this new or rebuilt new?

The "r" stand for a the double ball bearing center and the "e" stands for the compressor cover being a 3" inlet and 2" outlet. This turbo is brand new. Send me your email address and I can forward some pictures of it. I really think this is a great deal for somebody, should be an awsome street turbo!

Thanks,

Eric