Brand new member

William Lidster

I inherited my dad's 1987 Buick T-Type. He bought it in late 1986 brand new because he wanted to make sure he had a car that was faster than mine (I owned a 1984 Corvette). Yes. He did it. His car was faster.

My dad passed in 2002 and my mom kept the car. But didn't keep it up. In 2014 she decided to finally give it to me.

It has been a project. Small fixes that turn into large fixes. But, finally completed a full rebuild of the engine.

Next was the paint. It had been stored in Alaska, so no rust. But, 27 years of exposure to snow and other things just was tough on the body and paint. The car was a deep maroon, but after all the years, people thought it was brown. So, repaint is on the way! Here are some shots from the bodyshop. Putting her back to original color. Interior is in GREAT shape (in fact I actually had to pull the protective plastic sheet from the dash when I took possession of her from Mom....nobody had done that in 27 years). So....looking to take her home and put molding, emblems, new window seals, etc on her by Thursday 4/8.

The car means so much to me. It will always be maintained. It will always be fixed. It will stay in my family forever.

Attachments

• IMG_0979.JPG
    IMG_0979.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_7875.jpg
    IMG_7875.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 139
Welcome to the board , Lots of good info here and many willing to help anyway we can . Sam

Great to see another one coming back on the road, especially one with solid family history! When she comes out of that paint shop, she is gonna be a looker for sure!