Brief Hydrolock after ECM/IGN fuse blew

WHTTRSH

Sleeper
Car randomly shut down on me and the FAST XFI was alerting me to check my power connections,Ok. Found my ECM/IGN 10amp fuse popped. Replaced it and it instantly pops as soon as you key the engine on now... Luckily just a mile away from home so pushed it back. Troubleshooted the wiring and Found the OEM wastegate solenoid connector melted to the header. While I had the key on at times to troubleshoot the wiring I heard a pump running...thought nothing of it at the time. Repaired wiring and went to start. Turned over once or twice and locked. I stopped looked around and noticed the Alky tank level dropped a little. My Alky sprays into the up-pipe...did I just Hydrolock my engine w M1?? So I just bumped it over again and got another single turn, so I repeatedly bumped it over like that and it did get better, to the point I was able to crank her completely over and get her running. She ran super rich and rough at first but cleared. Car has good oil pressure and no abnormal/knocking sounds....drove it and seems to still be just fine? Should I still be concerned or am I good?

Last edited:
Check the main fuseable links down attached to your starter .they have spent there life right there next to the hot ass header. I’m pretty sure you will find your issue there . Good luck

Also think you are Alil over concerned bud . As long as your pump isn’t just runing all the time and spraying alky when not in Boost you r good to go .also the car would have to be runing for it to make it in the cylinders . Your intercooler prob has your missing alky in it lol . Pull it clean it out and put it back on .

Short to ground was the cause of my ECM/IGN fuse blowing and my Alky pump running/loading up my car w Alky while the Key was On and Engine Off. Anyways, I fixed all of that.

It Hydrolocked itself w Alky while I had the key on engine off. My question was do you guys think any damage was done from just bumping it over afterwards using the starter to clear it out?

Attachments

• DB4D50C0-563D-4C0E-A89B-0064ACBC6491.jpeg
    DB4D50C0-563D-4C0E-A89B-0064ACBC6491.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 81
next time if there ever is, pull the plugs to allow an escape route for the liquid. Should be ok. Drive it easy and work your way up in power until you feel it's ok for sure.

^^^ What Mike said.
If it had a large enough volume to lock an engine w/ less than 9:1 comp, there's a goodly amt in the pan.

U R lucky you didn't find a rod or 2, sticking outside it's normal place!