bruces new shift kit

do you need to get the prssure regulater?

my car has 44k on it and i want a nice shift but is it really needed? or is it that it helps the trans live a happier life? how will it work on a stocker like mine?

how hard is the install?

did it come with a new filter? what about the regulater valve? is this an easy kit to install?:confused:

valvebody kit and pressure reg

Installed both lastnite, what a difference! Don't go half way, get the pressure reg as well. Totally different car to drive. I only have to adjust the cable a little to get shift points where I want em. this kit does what it says. Thanks Bruce. John Crawford

The links still do not work for me both clicking on them as well as copying and pasting. Any ideas?

yea I have Bruces regulator system and a new 1-2 accumulator and its gonna be installed hopefully by the end of the week! I can't wait!

My tranny was just rebuilt with Bruce's kit. The guy said he didn't agree with a few of the steps, not sure what he meant by that, but he followed the directions step by step. I'll know by Friday how it performs.....Also, got the wider band installed..:cool:

Originally posted by OneLethal87GN
My tranny was just rebuilt with Bruce's kit. The guy said he didn't agree with a few of the steps, not sure what he meant by that, but he followed the directions step by step. I'll know by Friday how it performs.....Also, got the wider band installed..:cool:

I installed the same stuff as you. Shift kit, wider band and pressure regulator system. My tranny guy said he has never had one of his GN tranny's shift this firm before, especially with a 9" convertor. He couldn't believe the firmness of the 2/3 shift! :)

I still am curious to knwo the answer to my previous question,

"would the combination of the valve body shift kit, plus new pressure regulator, be considered too "harsh" for a car that is 95% street use? "

Sure...

Just state how you want it to act upon ordering. I build each kit to its owner, or patron.

Just explain what it is you want at the time you order. BT

either look in the phone book under lubrications for a local Chevron dealer or check the Chevron website for local dealers in your area..

what does your guy think now?

Well, all he did was rebuild it. My main mechanic installed it. He says it shifts too hard for him...he has a mid 6 ( 1/8 ) car. I like it just fine though. Has a good, firm shift from 1st to 2nd, but give it about a pound of boost and it barks 'em like hell. I have the 85 tranny, so I'll be needing the big servo soon Bruce. I'll give ya a call when I get the money. Thanks again, and GREAT KIT!:D :D :D

Got the parts installed and I am happy to say that it *REALLY* helped a lot with my 1-2 shift and the overall shifting of my trans.. Bruce came thru again guys.. Now my shifts are very crisp and the 1-2 is not as mushy as it was before.
Another very happy PTS customer:D

Originally posted by FlyinGN
yea I have Bruces regulator system and a new 1-2 accumulator and its gonna be installed hopefully by the end of the week! I can't wait!

You got to love that PTS shift kit!

I am going to start using the Chevron torque fluid in all three of my TR's per. Bruces recommendatoin.