BstC Problem? (long)

OKTurbo

I took my car out for a little test-n-tune this afternoon. Over the past few weeks I've done a lot of work on it....timing chain...front seal...rear main seal...new boxed rear control arms...valve springs...etc. This is the first time I've really "played hard" since the work was done.

When I went WOT I noticed the boost only went up to around 15-16 then stabilized at around 13-14 psi. No biggie, just turn up the knob on the BstC. (It was straight up at 50%) slowed down, and hammered it again, but the boost didn't go up very much...if at all...so while at WOT, I reached down and turned it up full. Only got about 14-15 psi. Hmmmm, somethin' not right.

Back home, with the engine off, ignition on, I pushed on the accelerator and heard the boost solenoids (I run two on the BstC) buzzing. (this is with the knob at 50%). While they were buzzing, I turned up the knob....and the buzzing stopped.

So I tried something else. With the accelerator at WOT, I slowly turned the knob from 0-100%. No buzzing at 0....starts buzzing about 10%.....then stops buzzing a little over 50%.

Is this normal? Are the solenoids going full open above 50%?

I looked at all my intercooler hoses, and they all look secure. I did have the intercooler out to install some RC dual fans during the valve spring/timing chain job. I also had the crossover out for the rear main....listened but didn't hear any exhaust leaks under there.

For some reason I'm not getting over 15psi of boost. I ran out of daylight tonight, but tomorrow I'll get out the mityvac and check the WG actuator and hoses there. I'm just wondering if my BstC is acting up on me.

Thanks,
John

im having the same problem i hope turbo dave can help or anyone that knows about them

JOhnnny

I did a little experimenting and it does look like the solenoids are going full open past 50%. I hooked up my mitvac pump and pumped through the WG solenoids while I moved the throttle.

New question.....should I be using the factory "Y" with the orifice on the BstC? Should I just use a regular "Y" w/o the orifice?

John