Budget sfi internal balncer

Waco84GN

Member Boost-aholics anon
Hi guys: I am curious if anyone makes a less expensive harmonic balancer for our motors. I am going to be using a cat crank, and will need internal balance. I see that sfi flywheels can be had for a fair price; but I have not found a balancer.
Thanks Jerry Berger Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year

Contact Weber Racing about their neutral balanced stock balancers. You give them your stock balancer as a core and you'll get back a modified stock balancer so you can use it on an internal balanced crank. I think it's $175 and turnaround time is quick. That's what I had them do when they did my shortblock with Cat crank. Weber says they'll be fine on 10 second cars.

TA Performance also has billet stock replacement balancers for internal balance cranks (SFI approved) but don't know the price.

Jerry, do it right and get the SFI balancer, and forget about the POS stock cast hub. It is NOT a harmonic balancer, as it is a solid piece.

We have enough trouble with a cast POS on stock engines with them eating out the keyway and cracking, especially at higher than stock RPM.

Bearing and cam life are much improved using a real harmonic balancer on these modified V-6 engines.:)

P.S. You, Pam and the boys have a nice Christmas!