Buick Event at Cecil Dragway Oct.6th

frankg

Speed Seeker!!
All Buick event happening October 6th at Cecil County Dragway in North East,MD. Lot's of fast and nice Buicks will attend. Hope to see you there;) FrankG

This is an abbreviated version of the flyer. Note that preregistration checks must be received by September 23, 2001!

Host hotel: Crystal Inn, I95&MD Rt. 272 (exit 100), North East, MD 21901, 410-287-7100 or 800-638-3803 or fax 410-287-7109. Reservations must be made by Sept. 23 & must specify Buick GS Regional to get discounted rate.

Friday 5th: All Buick Test & Tune with B.O.P. Time trials, track opens at 9 am, $50 at gate or $30 preregistered per car with 1 driver and 1 passenger

Saturday 6th: All Buick Race Day, track opens at 9 am, test & tune in am, eliminations mid-afternoon, $50 at gate or $30 preregistered per car with 1 driver & 1 passenger

Saturday 6th: All Buick Cruise to town of Elkton at 6 pm (15 minutes from hotel)

Sunday 7th: All Buick Car Show at the North East Town Park, 10 minutes from hotel east on MD Rt. 272, $15 at gate or $10 preregistered per car

Manufacturer & Swap Meet Fri & Sat at track, Sun at show. Vending fee $20 per day or $50 for all 3 days. Spectators Fri and Sat $10, under 12 free.

Race Classes (must be Buick powered), cash payouts:

"V" All V-8 powered, "FD" Front wheel drive, "T" V-6 & Turbo's, "PP" Powder puff, and the big boys, "O-16" Qualified Quick 16

Show Classes:

1965-69 GS Stock, 1970-75 GS Stock, GN Original, Turbo Regal Original, Modified Buick 1975 & Earlier, Modified Buick 1976 & Later, All Other Buick 1975 & Earlier, All Other Buick 1976 & Later, and Best of Show

For more information contact: Doug Dougherty 302-653-2201, John Csordas 845-528-4746 or NCsord4@aol.com, or Griff Atkinson 410-472-2757

To preregister send name, address, telephone number, and events desired, with a check made out to "East Coast Regionals", to Bill Ross, c/o East Coast Buick Meet, 213 North Brown Leaf Road, Newark, DE 19713. Checks must be received by September 23, 2001!

I'll be there on Saturday along with a couple of ther guys.

For those of you who haven't been to this event, try and make it - it's pretty nice. There were a bunch of pretty fast cars there last year. Two 7 second rides, and a handfull of 8 & 9 second ones as well.

The track is very easy to get to. It's right off of 95, exit 100. Detailed directions can be found on Cecil's Web site...
http://www.cecilcountydragway.com/directions.htm

-Banning.

i may be able to make it to the show on sunday. what time does it start? ooh yeah, its now fri eve,any info on times and events that happened at the track? rob

Event was a go, weather lifted late morning. Most people got 6 to 8 runs in. A great time was had by all.

Yes, the event ended up being held after all the rain in the morning. Aside from some wind gusts here and there, it turned out to be a really nice day. The track dried out quickly.

My car was still off, but I managed to get in six runs. Luckily a friend that was with us ran his best ET and MPH to date - he was pumped! Good job DC Turbo!

-Banning.