Buick historians chime in.

bobs84ttype

This is the build sheet I found in my 84 t type I have the documents where the car was ordered in Oct 83 and delivered in Nov 83
The fisher build sheet. Looks to have an Aug date.
First question. Did the body serial number match the VIN number. When in production ?
image.jpg

The only thing I can answer is that the body serial number doesn't match the vin. least not on my 2 cars.

I like the 84 show car at the bottom. Obviously an early build 84, does it add anything to the car? Sure can't hurt.

You SURE it was ordered in October? I'd bet they ordered one and ended up taking an existing car, happens all the time.

I have documents that came with the car. With the order date and delivery date . My car has both t tops and the vinyl landau roof . Not a Buick option to have both that I have ever found. This detail in on the dealer paperwork. Car was ordered with both and delivered with both.
It is just fun to track down the history

If the order was Oct 83 the build date would be Oct/Nov or later, not Aug. I suspect the order matched a previously built unit.

I always liked those earlier broadcast sheets better than the later ones.

Last edited:
I have documents that came with the car. With the order date and delivery date . My car has both t tops and the vinyl landau roof . Not a Buick option to have both that I have ever found. This detail in on the dealer paperwork. Car was ordered with both and delivered with both.
It is just fun to track down the history

I HAVE seen the vinyl top with t tops. It was on an 87 limited, I think it's just a really rare and unusual option because it's a mix up of sport and luxury and the two options clash IMO.

I gotta have pix . The spid and the car please. T tops and v roof is wild. I didn't think you could get a vynil roof on a ttype until 87.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I gotta have pix . The spid and the car please. T tops and v roof is wild. I didn't think you could get a vynil roof on a ttype until 87.
I will post up the other documents this weekend when I am home. I also have a photo of the car when it was new u will put up
I purchased it with the white top and I dyed it black to fit the rest of the trim and car